Eggless Wheat Cake/Almond & Dates Eggless Cake Recipe with step by step description, important tips and precise video – Hello I am Abida the author of this post, today I am going to share a very healthy cake recipe that is Eggless Wheat Cake/Almond & Dates Eggless Cake Recipe. As the name suggest this cake is eggless and is made of whole wheat, dates almond and oats. You can call it one pot cake recipe as we are going to prepare the cake by adding and mixing all the ingredients one by one in one single pot. We don’t have to cream the butter and sugar, sieve maida (flour)…. Simply add mix and bake and you are done !!!
I am going to bake this cake in the gas oven Bati Tandoor, but you can easily bake it in the electric oven and pressure cooker also. All the baking tips are given in the tips section below.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!! Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE myflavours to watch all the recipes first….
Let’s quickly see how to prepare this healthy Whole Wheat Oats Dates & Almond Cake in Gas Tandoor/Wheat Cake Without Egg
- Whole Wheat Flour– 1 cup
- Instant Oats – ½ cup
- Dates (soft) – 12-15
- Milk – 1.5 cups
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Powdered Sugar – ¾ cup
- Chopped almonds – ¼ cup + some for garnishing
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Oil – ½ cup
- Deseed and chop the soft dates, and soak them into the hot milk for 15-20 minutes.
- Grease and line a 6 by 6 inches square cake tin and keep aside.
- Preheat a Baati tandoor at medium flame for at least 8-10 minutes. Always use the smallest burner of gas stove for baking.
- In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, powdered sugar and chopped almonds.
- Mix all the dry ingredients well, no lumps should remain.
- In the milk and dates mixture, add vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add oil and mix all the ingredients gently.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased cake mould.
- Tap the cake tin few time, then garnish with some almond halves.
- Transfer the batter into the preheated tandoor, cover and bake at the lowest heat for 40-45 minutes or until cake is done.
- To check, insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean then it’s done. If the toothpick has batter on it then bake the cake for some more time.
- Cover the hot cake with a lid and let it come to room temperature.
- Once the cake cools down demould it and cut it into desired shape.
- You can also bake the cake in electric oven at 180 degree C or in the pressure cooker by spreading salt/sand at its base and removing its whistle / weight.
- Take soft dates and soak them in hot milk (not boiling) for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Grease the cake mould properly with ghee or oil from all sides and bottom. Then line it with butter paper or parchment paper at the bottom.
- Preheat the baati tandoor at medium flame for at least 8-10 minutes and do the baking at the lowest heat.
- Always use the smallest burner of gas stove for baking.
- Do not open the lid frequently or before 25-30 minutes as it can sink the cake from the center.
- When you see that the upper crust of the cake is firm and has few cracks on it, then only check it with the toothpick.
- To check whether the cake is done or not – insert a toothpick in the center of the cake (upto its bottom), if the toothpick comes out clean it means that the cake is done. If the toothpick has batter on it then bake the cake for some more time.
- Always cover the hot cake and let it come to room temperature before cutting and demoulding
- Store the cake in refrigerator in an air tight