Veg Chowmine Recipe at home / Veg Noodles Recipe with precise video, detailed steps and important tips: Today I am going to share a recipe of Veg Chowmine Recipe at home / Veg Noodles Recipe can be prepared very quickly and very easily with very few steps and simple ingredients. Veg Chowmine Recipe is among one of the favorite kids snacks recipe. It is basically Indo Chinese recipe which can be prepared and can served as a breakfast, evening snacks or even in tiffin box. You can add lots of vegetables in it to make it healthier. In this Veg Chowmine recipe I am going to share some important tips to make perfect noodles every time.
If you like my veg chowmine recipe Please LIKE it and SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQUzGYhSML2PvVzhAwO90Ug
So let’s quickly see how to make instant vegetable chowmine recipe……
- Noodles – 300 gms
- Capsicum – 2 (cut in juliennes)
- Cabbage – 1 ½ cups ( grated or cut in juliennes)
- Schezwan chutney – 2-3 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 4 tsp / 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 6 tsp / 3 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 4-5 tbsp
- Let’s do all the preparation first: Cut vegetables and keep them aside. (You can also take carrots or any other vegetable of your choice.)
- In a bowl add soy sauce, vinegar and tomato ketchup. Mix well and keep aside.
- Take a big cooking pot and pour water (water must be 3-4 times more than noodle) in it add 1 tsp salt and let the water comes to a boil.
- Add noodles in boiling water and cook on high flame while stirring occasionally.
- Here I have brake the noodles into half but you can add them without breaking.
- Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes or until Al Dante (it must have a bite in it)
- To check: After 3 minutes, take a noodle and either bite it or mesh it with your fingers. If it has a bite in it, it’s done. But if you find that it is more than half uncooked than cook it for another minute or more.
- Turn off the heat and immediately strain the boiled noodles in a strainer or colander.
- Pass it through clean water and keep it aside in a strainer.
- Immediately take a heavy bottom kadhai / wok and add oil in it.
- When the oil is warm (do not over heat the oil) add schezwan chutney in it and cook on medium to low heat for about half minute.
- Add all the vegetables, increase the heat and cook them for almost 1 minute. Keep stirring.
- Now prepare our prepared sauce mixture, salt and ½ tsp sugar and mix well.
- Cook the sauces for about half a minute and at this stage adjust the seasoning and sauces (Schezwan chutney and tomato ketchup).
- Now add boiled noodles, mix well and serve hot vegetable chowmine.
Keep these following points in mind and you will be able to make perfect noodles every time.
- Always keep ready all the required ingredients and do all the required chopping before you start cooking and boiling the noodles.
- Keep the colander or the strainer ready on the kitchen work place, while the noodles are boiling.
- Boil noodles al Dante, as fully cooked noodles tends to get sticky while cooking.
- Always use large and heavy bottom wok or kadhai to cook noodles. It makes mixing easy.
- Adjust seasoning (salt and chili) before adding noodles, as it gets bit difficult to mix after adding noodles.
- Just after boiling the noodles, start cooking the vegetables and sauces. If possible and if you can manage, you can do the boiling of noodles and cooking side by side on different stoves.
- Try not to cook noodles in very big batches. If you need to make large quantity, than cook in small batches to insure proper mixing.