Chicken Shawarma Recipe with Pita Bread (without Oven) with step by step procedure, important tips and precise video: Today I am going to show you how to make Chicken Shawarma Recipe with Pita Bread (without Oven) at home. It is a very quick and yummy recipe which can be prepared using simple ingredients that are easily available in the kitchen.
If you like my chicken shawarma recipe please like it and SUBSCRIBE to My Flavours.
So, let’s quickly see how to make chicken Shawarma recipe…..
For the pita bread:
- Refined flour (Maida) – 4 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp.
- Baking soda (meetha soda) – ½ tsp.
- Water (warm ) – 1cup
- Oil – 3tsp + 2tsp more
- Curd – 6tsp full
For marinating chicken:
- Chicken boneless – 800gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
- Homemade garam masala powder – 1tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2tsp
- Salt – 1.5tsp
- Curd (thick) – 5tsp full
- Mayonnaise – 4tsp full
- Cooking oil – 2 tbspin Julianne
For smoky flavour:
- Cloves (long) – 2
- Charcoal – 1 piece
- Oil – 1tsp
For mayonnaise and vegetable spread :
- Oil – 1.5tbsp
- Onions – 2 big cut in Julianne
- Capsicum – 2-3 cut into long strips
- Cabbage – 1 medium size cut into thin strips
- Salt – 1tsp
- Pepper powder – 1tsp
- Mayonnaise – 7-8 dish spoon full
- Garlic paste – 1tsp
- Vinegar – 2tsp
- For making pita bread dough : in a mixing bowl add flour, salt, baking soda, sugar and mix well,,
- Make a well in the center and add 3tsp oil, curd and mix all the ingredients well.
- Knead a soft dough by adding warm water little by little at a time.
- Add little oil and knead the dough until smooth.
- Apply oil to the dough, cover it with a damp, cover with a plate a lid and keep the dough at some warm place for at least 1-2 hours to ferment.
- Now we will marinate the chicken : in a bowl add boneless chicken pieces, ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri red chili powder, gram masala powder, cumin powder, salt, curd and mayonnaise. Mix everything well.
- Now place a steel bowl in the center of the marinated chicken and add cloves in it.
- Now take a piece of charcoal and burn it on the direct flame of the stove.
- Immediately put the hot red charcoal in the steel bowl over the cloves and pour one tspn oil over the red hot charcoal. Cover the chicken bowl immediately and leave it untouched for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove the charcoal bowl, again place the lid on the chicken toand keep it in the fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- After 2 hours take a nonstick kadhai, heat oil in it and add the marinated chicken with all the margination in it.
- Cook on medium to low heat until chicken gets tender.
- In the last if you feel that the chicken is under cook, then cover the orand cook on low heat until done. Keep it aside.
- To prepare mayonnaise and vegetable spread : in a kadhai heat oil, add onions, capsicum and cabbage and cook for half a minute.
- Add salt and pepper, mix well.
- Add mayonnaise, garlic paste and vinegar and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and keep the spread aside, uncovered.
- Do not overcook the vegetables.
- For making pita bread: smooth the dough by kneading it for few seconds. Take a portion little bigger than lemon size and shape it into a smooth round ball.
- Roll the dough ball into thin round chapatti by applying little dry flour.
- Prick the chapatti all over with a fork.
- Now cook the chapatti on hot tava at medium to low heat until few brown spots appear on both sides.
- Cover the chapatti / pita bread with a clot and keep it covered in a casserole.
- Same way cook all the chapatti / pita bread and keep it covered in a casserole.
- To assemble the shawarma : take a warm pita bread, spread chicken filling diagonally, spread mayo and vegetable spread over the chicken.
- Fold the pita bread from both the sides. You can also roll the pita bread if you like.
- Serve the warm shawarma with mayonnaise, mint chutney or tomato ketchup.