Super Spicy & Crunchy Fried Chicken Recipe/KFC Style Homemade Chicken Recipe with step by step process, precise video and important tips. KFC style fried chicken recipe video.
Perfectly fried golden brown, super crunchy and super crispy crust with juicy and moist chicken pieces. A fried chicken recipe that is seasoned with freshly grounded spices to give you a perfect taste every time.
Complement this juicy fried chicken with a spicy mayo dip, which is specially created for this recipe!! Recipes of secret spice mix and spicy mayo dip is given in the video.
It’s a super crunchy, crispy and juicy fried chicken with a nice spiciness of pepper, whole red chilies and chili sauce ….. You can easily double the heat to make it super spicy.
More related recipes:
Mutton Shami Kabab Recipe
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE ‘My flavours’ Youtube channel and website – ‘www.myflavours.in’ (it’s free!!) to watch all the recipes first….
For full recipe video with all the ingredients, measurements and instructions, please click below –
FRIED CHICKEN SPICE MIX or SEASONING BLEND:
- Coriander seed 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 5 tbsp
- Whole red chilies 8-10
- Green cardamom 3-4
- Fennel 1tsp
- Sugar 1tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 1tbsp
- Mixed herbs 1 tsp (optional)
- Oregano 1 tsp (optional)
BUTTERMILK BRINE for the marinatin:
- Buttermilk (chach) 500
- Garlic paste 5 tbsp
- Ginger paste 5 tbsp
- Eggs 3
- Fried chicken spice mix (prepared above) 3 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce 3-4 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
FLOUR MIX for the coating:
- All purpose flour 3 cups
- Cournflour 1/3cup
- Baking Powder 3tsp
- Spice mix (prepared above) 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Chili sauce
- Spice mix prepared above
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk
- Add all chicken and completely submerge all the chicken pieces in the brine. Cover the pan.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 to 4 hours (overnight is much better).
- In a separate bowl combine flour
- Take a chicken piece out of the brine, shake off excess brine from the pieces.
- Coat the chicken piece with the seasoned flour mix, shake off excess flour from the pieces and again dip it into the brine. Recoat the chicken piece the flour mix, shake off the extra flour and place the coated chicken piece in a tray.
- Repeat the same process with all the chicken pieces. Double coating ensures that you will get the same crunch and crispness in every fried chicken piece.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. When the oil gets moderately hot, carefully slide few pieces at a time. Fry at medium heat.
- Cook until golden. DO NOT OVER CROUD THE PAN and FRY SAME SIZE PIECES TOGETHER.
- When done, place the fried chicken pieces on a plate lined with paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- For the MAYO DIP: combine mayonnaise, chili sauce and prepared spice mix. Mix well and keep aside.
- Serve hot and spicy fried chicken with special mayo dip and chili sauce.
- Always fry at medium heat.
- Fry few pieces at a time and avoid overcrowding the pan.
- It is very important to maintain the oil’s temperature. Too hot oil will make the outer crust dark very quickly while the inside’s still raw. On the other hand in less hot oil the chicken won’t cook evenly and it will absorb oil making the crust soggy.
If you find my recipe helpful, please take a moment and RATE it, SHARE the recipe and do not forget to leave your valuable comment in the comment section below, it really motivates me to make more such easy cooking and baking videos for you….