Shami Kabab Recipe/Mutton Kabab/Mutton Keema Kabab/How to Make Mutton Kebab/Kebab Recipe with step by step process, tips and precise video – today on the auspicious occasion of Eid ul Adha we are going to make Shami Kabab Recipe/Mutton Kabab/Mutton Keema Kabab/How to Make Mutton Kebab/Kebab Recipe. This kabab recipe is very quick, easy and is among one of the best mutton kabab recipes prepared at home. This Mutton Kebab Recipe is loved by all. In this post I am going to share a special Shami Kabab Masala powder recipe which will give a very aromatic and flavourful taste to these homemade kababs.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!! Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE myflavours to watch all the recipes first….
So let’s quickly see how to make Mutton Shami Kabab/Mutton Keema Kabab at home……
- Minced Mutton – ½ kg
- Split Bengal gram (Chana Dal) – ½ cup
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Green Chilies – 4-5
- Fresh Coriander (Hara Dhania) – ½ cup
- Mint Leaves (Pudhina) – ½ cup
- Onion -1/2 cup finely chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Eggs – 2
- Oil – for frying
Shami Kabab Masala:
- Pepper (Kali Mirch) – ½ tsp
- Cloves (Laung) – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon (dal chini) – ½ inch piece
- Coriander seeds ( saabut dhania) – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Zeera) – ½ tsp
- Green Cardamom (Hari elaichi ) – 3
- Dry Red Chili – 6-7 (broken into pieces)
- In a grinder grind pepper, cloves, cinnamon, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom, and red chilies into fine powder. Keep it aside.
- Soak chana dal overnight or for 3-4 hours in hot water.
- Drain water and transfer the soaked chana dal into a sauce pan. Add 1 cup water and ¼ tsp salt.
- Mix and cook at low flame until it’s done. You can add more water if required.
- Wash the minced meat and squeeze out its excess water.
- Transfer the minced meat into a wok and add 1 cup water and 1 tsp salt.
- Mix well, cover the wok and cook at low flame until mincemeat is 90% done.
- Add cooked chana dal (with its left over water, if any). Mix and again cook mutton keema and chana dal until all the water gets evaporated and keema is completely done.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture come to room temperature.
- In a food processer finely grind garlic, ginger and green chilies.
- Add coriander and mint leaves and again pulse until finely chopped.
- You can also chop ginger, garlic, green chili, coriander and mint leaves separately without food processor.
- Add cooked minced meat and chana dal into it and grind well.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Add finely chopped onions, prepared Shami Kebab Masala, salt as per requirement and eggs into it.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Grease hands and shape the kabab mixture into small round and flat patties.
- In a frying pan heat ½ cup oil. Carefully place the keema patties into the hot oil.
- Reduce the heat between medium to low and let the kebab fry undisturbed until it is cooked from one side.
- Turn and fry the mutton kebab from another side also.
- Serve the hot and juicy mutton shami kabab with hari chutney, salad and lemon wedges.