Sabudana Vada in Appe Pan कुरकुरे व स्वादिष्ट साबूदाना वड़ा Sabudana Tikki Recipe with step by step process, important tips and precise video. Today we are going to make Maharashtra’s famous street food snacks recipe – Sabudana Vada / Sago Vada or also known as Sabudana Tikki/ Sabudana Pakoda/ Sabudana Balls or Sabudana Pattie.
Sabudan Vada or Sago Vada is among one of the most favourite Indian street food recipe and is mostly prepared as and during fasts, Navratras, vrats and upvas recipes. Here I have added all the required spices, but if you are making these vadas for fasts, vrats or upvas, you can skip white salt and red chilie powder.
Traditionally Sabudana Vada or tikki is deep fried but today i am going to show you a ‘No Fry – Less Oil’ method of preparing this healthy and nutritious snack recipe, which will make this Sabudana Recipe more lighter , crispier and tastier.
We will make these Vadas in Appa or Appam Stand with very few drops of oil.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE ‘My flavours’ Youtube channel and website – ‘www.myflavours.in’ (it’s free!!) to watch all the recipes first….
Find more snack recipes here.
For full recipe video with all the ingredients, measurements and instructions, please click below –
- Sabudana 1 cup
- Potatoes 3-4 large
- Green chilies 1 finely chopped
- Peanuts 3 tbsp. (roasted & crushed)
- Green Coriander 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Pepper Powder ½ tsp
- Black Salt ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder ¾ tsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Wash sabudana 2 to 3 times with water. Pour 1 cup water and soak them for minimum of 2 hours or overnight depending on the variety of sabudana you have taken.
- Boil, peel and mesh potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl add soaked sabudana, mashed potatoes, green chilies, chopped coriander, crushed peanuts, pepper powder, red chili powder, black salt, regular salt and lemon juice. Note: if making sabudan for vrats and upvas skip salt and red chili.
- Combine everything really well.
- Apply little oil on palms and make small lemon size balls of the prepared mixture. Press the balls slightle and shape them into small patties or tikkies. Keep it aside in a plate and likewise make patties of the remaining mixture.
- Heat appam mixture at medium to low heat. Add 1 to 2 dropes of oil in each appam cavity or hole and place one tikkie in each of them.
- Let the tikki or vada cook from one side for 2 minutes them flip and let it cook for another 2 minutes from another side.
- Keep on flipping the vadas after every couple of minutes for even and crispier cooking.
- Once done take out the sabudana vadas in a plate.
- Immediately serve the tasty and crispy sabudana vada with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
If you find my recipe helpful, please take a moment and RATE it, SHARE the recipe and do not forget to leave your valuable comment in the comment section below, it really motivates me to make more such easy cooking and baking videos for you….
Aloo tikki, sabudana ki khichdi, sabudana vada, sabudana vada recipe, indian food recipe, tikka chaat, aloo sabudana tikka, sago recipe, hindi recipe video, indian veg, sabudana vada recipe, sabudana tikka, aloo snacks, sabudana snacks recipes, tea time snacks, snacks recipe for kids, healthy snacks recipe, quick and easy snacks recipe, festival recipes, vrat recipe, upvas recipe, navratra recipe