Rajasthani Special Kachri Ki Sabzi Recipe with step by step description, tips and precise video – Today I am going to share with you a Rajasthani Special Kachri Ki Sabzi Recipe. It is a very simple and quick recipe which can be easily prepared in 5-10 minutes. Today we are going to prepare this kachri ki sabzi in typically Rajasthani tempting style that is with little more of oil, garlic and red chili. This sabzi can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator for many days and can be used as a side dish to accompany any of your meals. For the kachri ki sabzi always use light green colour of kachri which are neither too hard nor too soft. I our home we usually prepare kachri ki sabzi without its seeds as the kachri has many seeds and its seeds are very hard and are not digested by our digestive system. So in this recipe I am going to show you how to prepare the kachri ki sabz in the same manner, but if you wish you can prepare the sabzi with its seeds also.
You may also like Gunde ka achar recipe, keri ke launji recipe, khaman dhokla recipe, aloo vada recipe
Do not forget to subscribe to my channel MY FLAVOURS !!!!
So let’s see how to prepare Rajasthani Special Kachri Ki Sabzi Recipe…..
- Kachri – 500 gms
- Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder (Haldi powder) – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1.5 – 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste (Lehsun paste) – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 4-5
- Wash and trim both the ends of kachri.
- Cut the kachri in half, lengthwise & gently press these halves to take out its seeds (This step is completely optional & you can skip this step).
- Do the same with all the kachris.
- Now cut the kachris into 1 cm wide bite size pieces and keep aside.
- For cooking the sabzi, heat oil in a kadhai.
- Reduce the heat and add cumin seeds into it.
- Once the cumin seeds turn golden add kachri pieces in to it and increase the heat.
- Cook the kachri for half a minute, then add all the spices turmeric powder, garlic paste, red chili powder and salt. Mix everything well.
- Add ½ cup water in the sabzi, mix and cover the kadhai.
- Let the sabzi cook on medium to low heat until kachri skin gets soft and oil separates.
- Stir once or twice in between and keep the flame accordingly.
- Once the oil separates turn off the heat.
- Serve the kachri ki sabzi with bejad ki roti and raita.