Rajasthani Laal Maas Recipe Video / Spicy Red Mutton Curry Recipe/ Laal maas recipe – this royal rajasthani red gravy curry is most favorite of all the mutton lovers who enjoys spicy recipes. Lots of red chilies, fragrant spices and soft and tender mutton pieces , infused with smoky flavour of charcoal. This outstanding red mutton spicy gravy / curry will make your guests fan of your cooking.
Authentic laal maas has a thick, semi dry curry. Has a flavour of cloves, garlic and is made in mustard oil. It is very delicately smoked with charcoal. And this recipe of laal maas has all these main factors.
So without wasting more time lets quickly switch to our authentic laal maas recipe.
Jungle laal maas recipe, laal maas recipe sanjeev Kapoor, laal maas recipe step by step, laal maas recipe in hindi, rajasthani laal maas recipe video, jungle maas recipe, laal maas Jaipur, laal maas authentic, authentic laal maas, laal maas rajasthani recipe, laal maas jodhpur, laal maas banane ka tarika, laal maas chicken, laal maas lamb curry,special rajasthani recipe, rogan josh recipe, mutton curry recipe, spicy mutton curry recipe, red mutton curry recipe, chicken laal maas, jungle maas, jungle maas,
Find more of rajasthani recipes and Mutton / Chicken recipes here:
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE ‘My flavours’ Youtube channel and website – ‘www.myflavours.in’ (it’s free!!) to watch all the recipes first….
Rajasthani Laal Maas Recipe Video / Spicy Red Mutton Curry Recipe :
For spicy malasa paste:
- Whole red chilies 10 – 12
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds 2 tbsp
- Ginger 1.5 inch piece
- Garlic 1/2cup
- Mutton 1 kg
- Curd (sour) 1 1/2cup
- Turmeric powder (haldi powder) 1 tsp
- Salt 1tbsp
For laal maas curry:
- Mustard oil 1 1/2cup
- Whole spices –
- Black pepper 7 -8
- Cloves 7-8
- Black cardamom 1
- Cinnamon stick 1 inch piece
- Green cardamom 4
- Bay leaf 1
- Onions (roughly chopped) 1 1/2cup
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Kashmiri red chili powder 1 – 1 1/2tbsp
- Homemade garam masala powder 1/2tsp
- Chopped coriander
For smoky flavour:
- Charcoal 1
- Oil / ghee 1 tsp
- Soak red chilies in 1 cup warm water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Masala paste : In a blender add soaked red chilies with its water, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, ginger and garlic. Blend into smooth paste. (No need to add extra water while grinding as we have already added water of red chilies.)
- Transfer the paste into large bowl and add curd, turmeric powder and salt into it. Mix well.
- Add mutton and coat it well with this marination. Cover and let it marinate for atleast 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add whole spices and onions into it.
- When onions turn pink, add marinated mutton, coriander powder and salt to it. Mix well.
- Add Kashmiri laal mirch powder (to give it the perfect red colour), mix well and cook until oil separates.
- Pour 3 cups water and pressure cook until done.
- Open the pressure cooker when pressure releases. Add homemade garam masala powder and mix it.
- Finally to give it the smoky flavour, place a bowl (in the center) on the mutton curry. Put a burning charcoal in it and immediately pour 1 tsp oil over it. Cover it immediately and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the charcoal bowl and garnish laal maas with chopped coriander.
- Our authentic laal maas is ready, serve it with rice, chapatti or tandoori roti.
If you liked the recipe do share it with your family and friends and leave your valuable comments and feedback in the comment section below.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel to watch all the recipe videos.