Rajasthani Kachre ki Sabji /Hari Mirch Kachre ki Sabzi by My Flavours step by step process, important tips and precise video. Today’s recipe is about how to make Rajasthani Kachre ki Sabji /Hari Mirch Kachre ki Sabzi by My Flavours.
Kachre is a tangy vegetable wildly found in fields during and post monsoon. It is a very versatile vegetable and can be used in variety of recipes.
In Rajasthan we sun dry it and use it whole year round in sabji or as a kachri powder in lehsun ki chutney and in vegetables as an alternative to amchur.
You can find more kachri recipes and many more Rajasthani recipes on my blog. Some of the links are given below:
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE ‘My flavours’ Youtube channel and website – ‘www.myflavours.in’ (it’s free!!) to watch all the recipes first….
For full recipe video with all the ingredients, measurements and instructions, please click below –
Ingredients for kachre ki sabji:
- Kachre 500 gms
- Green Chilli 250 gms
- Crushed Garlic 1 tbsp
- Oil 5 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut kachri into small pieces. (I haven’t peeled them* see the notes below)
- Wash and cut green chilies into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once oil get heated, reduce the heat and add cumin seeds and crushed garlic.
- Mix and cook for few seconds until garlic turns pink.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix once.
- Add kachre, mix and cook covered at low to medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Open and add green chilies. Mix once again and now cook the sabji uncovered until oil separates and kachre and chilies get soft. Keep the flame medium to low.
- Once done turn off the heat and enjoy your delicious kachri hari mirch ki sabji.
- You can store it in refrigerator for upto a month.
- Choose small kachre which are light green and yellow in colour.
- Kachre shoul neither be too hard nor too soft.
- Taste each kachre before cutting it as many kachre tends to be bitter.
- * You can also peel and use kachre for the vegetable. In that case add green chilies with kachre and cook the sabjin uncovered. As peeled kachre cooks faster.
If you find my recipe helpful, please take a moment and RATE it, SHARE the recipe and do not forget to leave your valuable comment in the comment section below, it really motivates me to make more such easy cooking and baking videos for you….
Kachre ki sabji, kachre ki sabzi, kachri ki sabji, kachri ki sabzi, how to make kachre ki sabji, rajasthani recipe, rajasthani cuisine, rajasthani food, rajasthani kachre ki sabji, rajasthani special kachre ki sabji