Peanut Chikki/Perfect Crunchy Moongfali Chikki recipe in Hindi with step by step process, important tips and precise video – Peanut Chikki/Perfect Crunchy Moongfali Chikki recipe in Hindi/Moongfali chikki is a very healthy, easy and delicious winter dessert, which requires very few ingredients. Moongfali ki chikki is prepared by mixing roasted peanuts with caramelised jaggery. Today I am preparing it with jaggery, but it can be prepared using sugar also.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
SUBSCRIBE to ‘My Flavours’ Youtube Channel to watch all the recipes first….
Do not Forget to rate this recipe, it means a lot :))
Full recipe video given below
- Peanuts/Mongphali – 300 gms
- Jaggery /Gud – 200 gms
- Ghee – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
- Grate or break the gud and keep aside.
- Dry roast peanuts on low to medium flame till they gets crunchy and its skin starts to crack.
- Take it out in a plate and let it come to room temperature. Rub the peanuts between your palms with little pressure such that its skin comes out. Separate the peanuts from its skin. You can even take skinless peanuts for this. Now break the peanuts with the back of a bowl or a rolling pin.
- Grease a plate or a tray really well with ghee and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl filled with cold water and keep it on the kitchen counter by your side.
- Take a kadai, add ghee in it. Add grated gud and cook on high flame till it melts.
- Reduce the flame to medium to low and cook the gud till it caramelizes. The colour of the gud will start to darken and you can smell the burnt smell of the gud at this stage. Reduce the flame to minimum. Keep stirring to avoid burning of the gud.
- Put a drop of caramelized gud into the bowl of cold water, wait for few seconds, take the drop out of water, if it is soft and you can bend it, then cook the gud for few more minute. But if it turns hard and crispy and breaks with a crack sound, then immediately add roasted peanuts and mix quickly.
- Transfer the mixture on the greased tray. Using a rolling pin or back of any bowl level and press the mixture evenly into 3/4cm thick layer. Trim its edges and cut into desired shape and size. You have to do all this while the mixture is warm; once the mixture cools, it will get hard.
- Let the chakkies cool for few minutes. Take the chakkies out of the tray carefully using a spatula or a butter knife and store them in an air tight container.
- Keep everything ready before starting to cook.
- Break the peanuts into halves.
- If the gud is hard then break it into small pieces or grate it.
- Once the gud caramelized you have to be really quick in mixing the peanuts and rolling the mixture; as once the mixture gets cool it will be impossible to shape it.
- Grease the tray very well, otherwise the chakkies will break and it will be difficult to take them off the surface.