Pasta in White Sauce/White Sauce Pasta Recipe/Quick & Easy White Pasta Recipe – Today we are going to make Pasta in White Sauce/White Sauce Pasta Recipe. White sauce pasta is a very quick and easy pasta recipe and one of the most liked pasta recipes. White sauce is a white colour creamy sauce prepared with milk and flour in which boiled pasta, Italian seasonings and assorted vegetables are added according to the taste. This sauce can be prepared using full fat cream and cheese can also be added for extra flavouring.
White sauce pasta is a very easy recipe, but you have to take care of few basic step which I am going to share with you in this video.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE myflavours to watch all the recipes first.
Click to watch full recipe video…..
(Serves 4-5 persons)
- Penne pasta – 300 gms
- Butter – 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Refined flour (Maida) – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 3-4 cups (cold or room temperature milk)
- Garlic (lehsun) – 1.5 tbsp crushed/grated
- Red bell pepper – ¼ cut into juliennes
- Yellow bell pepper – ¼ cut into juliennes
- Capsicum – 1 cut into juliennes
- Olives – as per taste
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Chili flakes – ½ – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Fresh or dried basil – 8-10 leaves or ½ tsp
- Italian seasoning mix ( or pasta seasoning) – 1 tsp
- Processed cheese – 2-3 cubes grated
- Salt – as per taste
To boil pasta:
- In a container add 2 lts water, 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp salt. Let the water come to a boil.
- Add pasta to it and cook on medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente (pasta that is cooked to be firm to the bite). Keep stirring occasionally so that the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the container.
- After boiling drain out the water from the pasta. Keep aside.
Preparing white pasta:
- We will first sauté vegetable for the pasta – take a pan and add 1 tbsp butter in it. Heat the butter at moderate flame and add chopped vegetables one by one in it. Cook for a while such that the vegetables get slightly cooked. Take out the vegetables in a plate.
- Now add 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil in the same pan and heat for 30 seconds at moderate heat. If you do to want to add oil, you can replace it with additional 2 tbsp of butter.
- Now add chopped garlic in it and sauté at low flame until it turns pink. *Tip no. 1-take care that the garlic should does not burn as it will give a bitter flavour to the sauce.
- Add flour and keep stirring until it turns creamish in colour. Don’t brown the flour. *Tip no.2 – the flour should be roasted properly otherwise it will give a raw flavour to the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and add 1 cup of cold milk in it. Pour the milk with one hand and stir the sauce with other hand, so that the lumps are not formed. *Tip no. 3 – do not take hot milk as it may form lumps.
- When mixed properly, turn on the heat.
- Now add the remaining 2 cups of milk, increase the heat to high and keep stirring till the milk starts to bubble.
- Reduce the heat and add seasoning to the sauce – oregano, chili flakes, Italian seasoning, roughly chopped basil leaves or dry basil, pepper powder, boiled pasta, salt and fried vegetables.
- Add grated cheese and mix very well.
- Cook until the sauce has slightly thickened and it coats the back of the spoon.
- If you want to more sauce in the pasta, you can add an additional cup of milk to it.
- Turn off the heat and keep aside.
- Do not cook the sauce for too long, as the sauce will thicken on cooling, so keep the consistency accordingly.