Nihari Masala/Homemade Nihari Masala/Nalli Nihari Masala– Today I am going to make Nihari Masala/Homemade Nihari Masala/Nalli Nihari Masala. Nalli nihari is a very tasty mutton recipe with a completely different flavour. It is a famous street food of Hyderabad, Lucknow and Delhi.
In this recipe I am describing how to make your very own home made Nihari masala from scratch. This Nihari masala is a collection of various spices, which are grounded into powder to give you the perfect traditional Nihari flavour. This recipe of nihari masala has a combination of grounded and whole spices which together gives a very delicious flavour to the Nihari. This much of nihari masala powder is sufficient for making nihari from 1 kg to 1.5 kg mutton.
So, from now on wards, whenever you wish to have Nihari in your meal or for any special occasion, go and prepare this flavourful spice mix, and make your flavourful Nihari as per my Nihari recipe. For the complete nihari recipe please click here: Nihari recipe.
Nihari is prepared with a combination of various spices and thus this nihari masala plays a vital role while making nihari at home.
You may also like: Korma Masala powder, Garam Masala Powder, Chicken Korma, Homemade Chicken Shawarma recipe, Mutton Shab Deg, Chicken roll recipe, Mutton Stew, Mutton Yakhni Pulao, Mutton Shami Kabab.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE myflavours to watch all the recipes first….
Click to watch recipe video…..
(Sufficient for 1 – 1.5 kg mutton)
- Cloves (lavang) – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 2 inches (broken into pieces)
- Black cardamom – 2
- Green cardamom (ilaichi) – 6-7
- Pepper corns (kali mirch) – ½ tsp
- Cumin (zeera) – ½ tsp
- Shah zeera – ¼ tsp
- Fennel (saunf) – 2 tsp
- Nutmeg (jaifal) – ½ piece
- Mace (javitri) – 2 flower
- Coriander seeds (sabut dhani) – 1 tbsp
- Nigella seeds ( kalonji) – a pinch
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – a pinch
- Citric acid (nimbu ka sat/ tatri) – ¼ tsp
- Red chili – 7-8
- Bay leaves (tej patta) – 2
- Kashmiri lal mirch – 2 tsp
- Kala namak – ½ tsp
- Ginger powder (saunth) – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder (dhania powder) – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ( haldi powder) – 1 tsp
- Raw papaya powder (or any other meat tenderizer) – 1 tsp (optional)
- Collect all the spices.
- Separate bay leaves, 5-6 cloves, 5-6 peppers and 3 green cardamom from the spices. Keep them aside.
- Put all the remaining spices in in a grinding jar and grind until fine powder.
- Mix the powdered nihari masala with the seperated whole spices.
- Nihari masala is ready. This much nihari masala powder is perfect to prepare nihari from 1 – 1.5 kg meat.
- Store the prepared nihari masala powder in an air tight container and use as per requirement.