Mutton Puff Pastry Recipe /How to make Mutton Puffs with Homemade Puff Pastry Dough/Keema Kachori/Easiest Mutton patties recipe by My Flavours/Keema Kachori recipe with step by step process, important tips and precise and detailed video. How to make Mutton Puffs with Homemade Puff Pastry Dough/Keema Kachori is a very tasty mutton starter or mutton snacks recipe which can be easily prepared during Ramadan, for Iftar or for any party or occasion.
Mutton patties / Keema Pattie is a very easy to make mutton starter recipe made with mince mutton. In this mutton recipe, you can easily replace mutton keema, with chicken keema.
Keema / Qeema is a very versatile base ingredient with which we can make variety of starters, anacks and curries. Whether its mutton keema or chicken keema we can prepare mutton cutlets or chicken cutlets, chicken patties, keema naan, keema samosa, keema bread rolls, keema rolls, mutton keema parantha, mutton keema samosa, mutton keema fry, mutton keema tikki, keema parantha, keema ke koftay, keema bread roll, keema cutlet, mutton keema kebab, chicken keema patties, aloo keema patties and many more items.
And today in this post we are going to make mutton patties or mutton puff pastry that too with homemade pastry dough.
For patties we have to get puff pastry sheets from market or have to prepare pastry sheets at home with lots and lots of butter. And everyone know that making puff pastry sheets at home is no doubt a very tedious job; as for pastry sheets the dough has to be rolled and folded for around 5 to 7 times (on an interval of few hours in between every fold) to get those layers and flacks.
But as concern to my puff pastry; it is completely a super easy and instant recipe. As we don’t have to waste hours in rolling, folding and chilling the pastry dough. With this recipe you can make and serve patties within 45 minutes and that too with very little butter and yet the end result you get, is the same flaky patties, but much more lighter and crisper then the store bought !!
Authentically patties are baked in oven, but if you don’t have oven, you can easily fry these patties and enjoy it as a flaky kachori.
The patties are soo light and flaky with such an amazing taste that you can easily have 2 to 3 of these patties at a time.
You may also like our other recipes:
If you like my recipe please subscribe to my youtube channel ‘My Flavours’ to watch all the recipes. And don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE AND RATE the recipe……
Click below to watch Mutton Puff Pastry Recipe with Homemade Dough/Easiest Mutton patties recipe by My Flavours/Keema Kachori recipe Video
(Makes 12 mutton patties or keema kachori)
For making dough for puff pastry
- All purpose flour (maida) 2 ½ cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Water little less than 1 cup
Keema stuffing or mutton stuffing
- Minced mutton (keema) 500 gms
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Onions (chopped) 3 -4 large (onions must be almost equal to the quantity of keema, when measured in cups)
- Garlic 1.5 tbsp chopped
- Salt according to taste
- Turmeric powder (haldi) ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder (dhania powder) 1 tsp
- Homemade garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Dry mango powder (amchur) ½ tsp
- Green chili 1 (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Mint ( dry or fresh ) 2 tbsp
For Pattie layers
- Butter (soft at room temperature) 50 gms
- All purpose flour 3 tbsp
- More butter for basting or greasing the patties
MORE OIL FOR FRYING
Let’s make dough
- Mix flour and salt. Add little water at a time and knead a semi stiff dough. Do not knead the dough as it will make the dough elastic. Cover and let the dough rest for around 15 minutes.
Let’s prepare keema stuffing
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and cook until pink.
- Add washed keema and mix.
- Add salt, haldi powder and little chopped onions (around 2 tbsp) and mix again.
- Drop red chili powder and coriander powder over the keema (do not mix the spices), cover the pan and reduce the heat to the lowest.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, add homemade garam masala powder and amchur powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle little water, cover the pan and cook until meat is done.
- Finally when all the water is evaporated and oil separates, add chopped onions, chopped green chili, chopped or dry mint leaves and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well and turn off the heat. Let the stuffing cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, Mix butter and flour and make a smooth paste of it. Keep it aside.
Let’s shape patties
- Knead the dough for a while and divide it into 12 equal portions.
- Take one portion and keep the rest of the dough covered.
- Make a round ball of it. Sprinkle dry flour/ maida on the kitchen counter and roll a thin chapatti of it.
- Spread butter and flour mix on the chapatti and sprinkle little dry flour on it. Fold the chapatti as shown in the video.
- Put 3 to 4 tbsp of prepared filling in the center of the pastry sheet.
- Apply water on the corners, fold and seal the pattie as shown in the video. Make sure that you seal the edges properly otherwise they can open while baking.
- Place the mutton patties on baking tray and grease them with butter or oil.
- Put the tray into preheated oven and bake the mutton patties in the middle rack at 170 degrees C for around 20 minutes or until the base turns golden and crisp.
- Take out the tray and grease it once more and again place it into the oven. This time on the upper rack and at 200 degree C until it turns golden and crisp from top.
- Baking time may vary according to oven.
- Take the mutton patties out of the oven and enjoy light and flaky keema patties with red chili sauce or tomato ketchup.
For frying the patties or keema kachori
- Fold and shape the kachori as shown in the video.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai at medium heat for frying the kachori.
- Before droping the kachori into the oil please check the temperature of the oil – drop little piece of dough into oil, and if it slowly rises up, without changing its colour, it means that our oil temperature is just perfect for frying the kachories.
- Drop few kachories at a time and fry them at lowest heat until golden and crisp. Flip occasionally.
- Take out the fried kachori and serve.
How to make puff pastry, puff pastry recipe, eggless pastry recipe, qeema patties recipe, homemade puff pastry sheets, puff pastry dough recipe, indian puff pastry, how to make keema patties, puff pastry recipe
Keema snacks, keema patties, keema puff patties, keema starters, keema recipes, mutton recipes, mutton starters, mutton patties, mutton puff patties, puff pastry, puff pastry dough, keema kachori, kchche keema recipe, keema banana ki recipe, how to make puff pastry, keema pattie, mutton pattie, mutton keema starter, mutton keema, mutton banana ki vidhi, mutton keema recipe, mutton keema recipe in hindi, eid recipe, Ramadan recipe, party snacks idea, quick mince snacks, mince meat, how to make mince patties at home, how to make keema patties, keema patties recipe, keea patties puff pastry, khasta keema chicken kachori, khasta keema kachori, recipes for iftar, kachori, kachori recipe, khasta kachori , how to make keema kachori,
Mutton keema starter, chicken keema recipe, keema dishes pakastani, mutton keema recipe, keema recipe indian, keema dishes recipe, pakistan keema kachori recipe, keema kachori recipe in urdu, keema kachori ki recipe, chicken kachori
pakastani keema patties, chicken patties, lamb patties, chicken cutlet, aloo keema, cutlet recipe, keema , mutton cutlet,