Hello friends! Welcome to My Flavors. Today we are going to make Masala Fried Idli Recipe or Idli Fry Recipe or it is even called as Fried Idli. Fried masala idli recipe is one of my kid’s favorite breakfast and tiffin recipe. I always make extra idli for my dinner , so that I can have few for masala fied idli recipe in the morning.
Fried idli is a very quick and healthy snack recipe which can be prepared using fresh or leftover Idlies. It can be served in breakfast, tiffin or even as a tea time snacks. It is a very healthy recipe as it contains lots and lots of vegetables and rava idli.
Here I have used leftover idlies made of Semolina/Rava and curd. It took me less the 15 minutes to prepare this recipe. Spices can be adjusted according to taste. If kids do not like vegetables then you can the veggies finely and then add them to the recipe. Vegetable should stay crunchy, so do not cook them for too long.
When planning to make it for kids lunch box in the morning, you can do all the chopping a night before and keep the vegetables and idlies in a separate airtight box in the refrigerator.
So, let’s quickly see how to make Masala Fried Idli recipe….
- Capsicum (julienne) – 1 medium size
- Cabbage (julienne) – 1 small size
- Rava Idli – 17-18
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 15-20
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Chaat masala powder – 1 tsp
- Cut idli into bite size pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok/ kadhai and add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Cook them for few seconds.
- Add all the vegetables and cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Reduce the flame to medium.
- Add all the spices give a mix and cook for 1 more minute.
- Taste the spices and adjust them according to your taste.
- Add idli piece and give good mix.
- Cover the wok and cook at low flame for 3-4 minutes while stirring 1-2 in between.
- Turn off the heat and let the fried masala idli sit for few minutes before serving.
- Fried idli can be served in breakfast or kids lunch box.