In summers you can prepare variety of dishes and desserts using this hung yogurt. Links to some of the recipes made with hung yogurt are given in the description box.
So, let’s quickly start making hung curd…..
- Fresh curd
- 1 big deep bowl
- 1 big colander/seive
- A muslin cloth
- Take a big deep bowl and place a colander/ sieve on it.
- Spread a wet muslin cloth over it.
- Pour fresh curd on this wet muslin cloth.
- Some people pour curd directly on the sieve, but in this way some curd is also extracted with the whey, so I prefer using wet muslin cloth for this.
- If you are going to use this hung curd for some dessert then use fresh curd and avoid sour curd.
- There should be sufficient space between sieve and bowl, such that it can collect around 2 cups of the whey.
- If the weather is cold then you can place the curd on your kitchen counter, but if it’s hot then put a lid on top and place it in a refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Covering it will avoid forming a dry layer on top of the curd.
- After 2-3 hours, we will get thick creamy curd on the cloth and the whey be collected in the bowl below.
- Transfer this hung curd in a bowl and use as per requirement.
- Always use fresh curd for better result.
- Cover the curd with a lid on the top.