Khajur Katri/Sugar Free Dry Fruit Burfi Recipe-Hindi/Dates & Dry Fruit Barfi Recipe Video with step by step process, precise video and important tips – today we are going to make Sugar Free Dry Fruit Burfi Recipe/Dates & Dry Fruit Barfi Recipe Video.
This is a very tasty and healthy dessert which can be prepared and served on any occasion or festival. As it is winter season, I have also added edible gum or gond in it and thus this burfi is warming in nature and is good for cold season. But for summers you can leave gond. I have also added flaxseeds to it, which gives a very unique and nutty flavour to this burfi.
No additional sugar is added in this burfi as the sweetness comes from dates, raisins and figs. So, you can enjoy this burfi without any guilt.
You may also like Instant Gulab Jamun, Instant Malpua, Bread Ghevar, Oliya (rice & yogurt pudding), Rajasthani Churma, Gajar Halwa Burfi, Mango Burfi,
Click for more recipes: Annkot (special mix veg), Paneer Butter Masala, Chicken Shawarma, Lehsun Kachri ki Chutney, Hare Lehsun ki Chutney, Bharwa Hari Mirch, Rajasthani Dal Bati Churma
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE myflavours to watch all the recipes first….
Please rate this recipe….
Full recipe video given below
- Dates – 150 gms deseeds & chopped
- Figs – 50 gms chopped
- Raisins – 50 gms
- Walnuts – 50 gms
- Almonds – 50 gms
- Cashew – 50 gms
- Pista – 50 gms
- Flaxseeds – 20 gms or 2-3 tsp
- Edible gum / Gond – 20 gms or 3-4 tsp
- Ghee – 3-4 tbsp
- Dry roast flaxseeds until they start to popup like popcorns. Keep stirring. Take out in a plate and let them come to room temperature.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in the same pan. Reduce the heat and add half of the gond in it. Reduce the heat and fry gond until they are fully puffed. Keep stirring. Take them out in a plate. Add more ghee and fry the remaining gond and take them out in a plate to cool. Keep it aside.
- Now add few drops of ghee and lightly roast cashew and pista for couple of minutes. Take them out in a plate and keep aside.
- Same way lightly roast walnuts and almonds separately, in 3-4 drops of ghee and keep aside (separately).
- Finally heat ½ tsp ghee and roast figs, dates and raisins together at low heat. Cook until figs get soft. Keep stirring for even cooking. Once figs get soft turn off the heat and let them remain in the pan.
- Now coarsely grind flaxseeds, gond, cashew and pista, walnut and almonds separately.
- Grind figs, dates and raisins as smooth as possible.
- Mix everything together, until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a box, lined with butter paper. Spread the mixture evenly into 1 cm thickness by pressing it gently with the back of a spoon, bowl or with hands. Take the butter paper out and cut it into burfi of your desired size.
- You can also shape it in laddu or roll.
- Store the dry fruit burfi in an air tight container. If the weather is hot keep it in refrigerator for long shelf life.