Jodhpuri Pyaz ki Kachori जोधपुर की प्रसिद्ध प्याज़ की कचोरी Khasta Kachori Recipe/Kachori Recipe/Pyaz ki Kachori/Pyaaz ki kachori recipe/Kachori recipe in Hindi/ how to make kachori with step by step process and detailed video.
Pyaz ki kachor or onion kachori is one of the most loved kachori recipe. This kachori recipe is from Rajasthan and is famous as Rajasthani Pyaz ki Kachori also known as Jaipuri Pyaz ki kachori or Jodhpuri Pyaz ki kachori. Unlike moong daal kachori this kachodi is stuffed with aloo and pyaz tangy and spicy filling.
Recipe pasand aaye to is Like aur Share Karen aur Channel ko SUBSCRIBE karna na bhulen
How to make Pyaz ki Kachori recipe video:
Ingredients for making kachori dough :
- All purpose flour (maida) 2 ½ cup
- Ajwain ¼ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Oil 1/3 cup
- Water little less than 1 cup
For the pyaz ki kachori stuffing
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds (rai) ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds (zeera) ¼ tsp
- Asafetida (hing) ½ tsp
- Roasted fennel seeds (saunf) ½ tsp
- Roasted coriander seeds ( sabut dhania ) ½ tsp
- Roasted besan (chickpea flour) 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic crushed 1tbsp
- Onion 2 medium roughly chopped
- Green chilies chopped 2
- Potato boiled & meshed 3 medium
- Turmeric (haldi) ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder 5 tsp
- Amchoor powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder ¼ tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry mint leaves crushed 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander
OIL FOR FRYING KACHODI
How to make dough for kachodi:
- Take a bowl add flour, salt and ajwain. Mix well.
- Add oil and mix it again.
- Now knead soft dough by adding little water at a time.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 20-30 minutes before use.
How to make stuffing for pyaz ki kachodi:
- Dry roast coriander seeds and fennel seeds and lightly crush and keep aside.
- Dry roast besan at low heat for few minutes and keep it aside.
- Take a pan, add oil in it.
- When oil gets lightly heated, add rai, zeera, hing, crushed saunf and dhania in it. Cook until it releases aroma.
- Add crushed ginger and garlic. Roast at low heat until raw flavor is gone. Keep stirring continuously.
- Add chopped onions and green chilli. Cook until onions turn pink.
- Add roasted besan and all other dry spices. Mix and cook for about a minute.
- Now add mashed potatoes, mix well and cook for couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add chopped coriander and crushed mint leaves. Mix well and let the stuffing come to room temperature.
Shaping and frying kachodi:
- After 30 minutes knead the dough for couple of minute. Divide it into 10 equal portions.
- Take a portion, roughly roll it and shape it flat.
- Place 2 spoon of prepared stuffing at the center.
- Close and seal the edges by twisting. Press from the center and shape it like a kachodi by pressing it gently.
- Fry kachodi in medium hot oil at low to medium heat. Flip occasionally for even frying.
- Serve hot pyaz ki kachori with hari chutney and imli ki chutney.