Instant Ghevar Recipe/ Rajasthani Malai Ghevar Recipe without Frying with step by step description, important Tips and precise video- Today we are going to make Instant Ghevar Recipe/ Rajasthani Malai Ghevar Recipe without Frying. Ghevar is a special dessert which is made especially during “Savan, Teej and Raksha bandhan”. Making ghevar at home is a bit tricky, but with this instant ghevar recipe you can make very tasty ghevar at home. In this recipe we are going to make ghevar with bread. This is a very quick, easy and simple recipe. These instant ghevars can be prepared very easily within few minutes that too with very few simple steps. So from now on you can make and serve ghevar on any occasion.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!! Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE myflavours to watch all the recipes first….
So let’s quickly see Instant Ghevar Recipe……
(Makes 8-10 bread ghevars)
For the Rabdi:
- Full Fat Milk – 1 liters
- Sugar – 1-2 tbsp
- Saffron(Kesar) – 1 pinch
- Green Cardamom Powder (Ilaichi Powder) – 1 pinch
For Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Bread slices – 8-10 pcs
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Chopped nuts for garnishing
For making Rabdi:
- Pour milk in a broad, heavy bottom pan and give it a boil.
- When the milk comes to a boil add saffron string into it and cook it till it remains 1/3 of its quantity.
- Keep stirring and scratching the milk which sticks to the sides of the pan.
- When milk remains 1/3 add sugar into it and again cook the milk until it remains ¼ of it quantity.
- Here I have added less sugar, as will dip our ghevar into the sugar syrup. But if you want to increase the sweetness you can add little more sugar into the rabdi.
- At the last add cardamom powder, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Let the rabdi cool completely.
For making sugar syrup:
- Add sugar and water in a sauce pan and cook until it gets one string consistency.
- Keep stirring otherwise the sugar will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- To check the consistency, take a drop of syrup in a bowl and let it cool for few seconds.
- Take the drop on your finger and press it with your thumb, gently release the fingers.
- If it forms 1 string this means our sugar syrup is ready, turn off the heat.
- But if does not form string, then cook the syrup for few more minutes.
- Take bread slices and cut it into big round using a big round cutter or any bottle cover. Remove the extra bread aside.
- Now to making a hole in the center (just like a ghaver has), take a small bottle cap and press it in the center of the bread circle.
- Cut all the bread slices in the same way.
- For this recipe I am going to roast these ghevar on the pan or tava, but if you wish you can deep fry these bread ghevas in the ghee or oil also.
- For roasting the bread ghaver, place the bread ghevars on the pan and let them roast on very low heat until they turn crispy and light golden from both sides.
- When they turn light golden and crispy apply ghee on both sides and let them cook for few more minutes on either sides.
- Straight from the pan dip the hot bread ghevar into the hot sugar syrup, coat it from both sides and take out immediately.
- In the same way dip all the roasted bread ghevars into the hot sugar syrup and place them on a plate to cool.
- Do not keep the ghevar into the sugar syrup for too long it will make them soggy.
- When the ghevar and rabdi both comes to room temperature, apply the rabdi on one side of the bread ghevars and garnish them with some chopped dry fruits.
- Let the ghevar cool in the refrigerator for few hours before serving.
- Always prepare 1 string sugar surup for the ghevar as it will keep them crispy.
- While dipping the ghevars into the sugar syrup, the syrup should always be hot. If it cools down then please reheat it again, and if the syrup turns very thick then add little more water in it and cook it again until 1 string constancy.
- Dip one ghevar at a time in the sugar syrup.
- While applying rabdi, the ghevar and rabdi both should be at room temperature.
- Refrigerate the ghevar for few hours, as it will make them crispier.