How to Make Rajasthani Pittod ki Sabji/Besan Ki Sabji Recipe~myflavours/Besan Recipes, step by step process, important tips and precise video. Today we are going to make pitod ki sabji / pittod ki sabji or pittor ki sabji recipe. It is a very famous rajasthani besan recipe and you can call it a look alike of paneer ki sabji. It is known by many names such as pitod curry, pitod with gravy, patod curry, besan ki sabji recipe, besan ke pitod or even besan ki chikki ki sabji.
Pittod is a traditional rajasthani food or Marwari food, made of chickpea flour (besan) and curd (dahi). Pittod are Besan and curd cubes which are dipped in crud gravy. I usually prepare this curry with butter milk but you can also use curd for it. Like besan gatte ki sabji, ker sangri ki sabji and dal bati churma this besan and dahi ke pittod ki sabzi is also very famous and mouthwatering rajasthani recipe.
Being a rajasthani I have always loved rajasthani recipes weather it’s a dessert or vegetarian or non-vegetarian recipe I have always loved rajasthani dishes because of its spices and flavours. Chickpea flour is a main ingredient in most of the rajasthani cuisine weather its gatte ki sabji, bharwa mirch bati, besan ke laddu; we rajasthani can add besan in almost everything.
You can find more Rajasthani Recipes here:
If you do not have vegetable at home or you are in no mood of having daal or any other vegetarian recipes in the menu, then this could be the best option to go. It is a very tasty and easy recipe to make and requires very few ingredients and these pittor just looks like paneer cubes. They are soft and tender and melts in your mouth.
My kids love this recipe and they have given a new name to this rajasthani curry that is “Desi paneer ki sabji”.
So without wasting any time let’s see how to make pittor ki sabji…
How to Make Rajasthani Pittod ki Sabji recipe video by my flavours / Besan Ki Sabji Recipe by my flavours ….
Ingredients for pittod ki sabzi are:
- Chickpea flour (besan) 1 cup
- Butter milk (chach) 1 ½ cups (approx.)
- Dry Kasuri methi 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 5 tsp
- Coriander powder (dhania) 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder (haldi) ½ tsp
- Onion 2 medium size
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Cumin seeds (zeera) 1 tsp
- Asafetida (hing) ½ tsp
- Oil 5 tbsp
- Grease plate and keep it aside.
- Let’s make pittod : In a bowl mix besan, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp red chili powder and 1 tsp dry kasuri methi leaves.
- Make a smooth (lump free )batter by adding little butter milk at a time. You may require ¾cup – 1 cup of butter milk for 1 cup of besan.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a pan and pour the prepared batter in it. Mix oil and batter. (NOTE: DO NOT TURN ON THE HEAT, POUR THE BATTER IN COLD PAN.)
- Now turn on the heat and cook the batter until it leaves the sides of the pan and combine as a lump. Keep stirring continuously. It may take around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once done, immediately transfer it into the greased plate and spread evenly with a spoon/ spatula/ back of a bowl or with hands. Shape it into square.
- Cut 1 inches cubes of it and keep it aside.
- Let’s make pittod ki sabji: heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and hing in it.
- Add chopped onions and cook until they turn pink.
- Add all the spices – red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garlic paste. Mix once.
- Now add ½ cup butter milk, mix and cook the spices for 2 minutes on high heat. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup water and salt as per taste. Mix and let it come to a boil.
- Gently drop pittod into the gravy. Add crushed kasuri methi and mix gently.
- Once the gravy comes to a boil reduce the heat, cover the pan and let the sabji cook for 4 to 5 minutes at low heat.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot and delicious pittod ki sabji with chapatti or bati.
Indian recipes, recipes, indian food recipes, healthy food, easy indian food recipes, indian food menu, paneer ki sabji, paneer recipes, paneer recipe in hindi, shahi paneer recipe in hindi, besan recipes, besan ki sabji,