How To Make Perfect Balushahi – All The Secret Tips \& Tricks हलवाई जैसी बालूशाही बनाने का सही तरीका by my flavours / best balushahi recipe/ khurmi recipe / badusha recipe / balushahi mithai / balushahi recipe / balushahi / festival sweets / diwali recipes / indian sweets / easy to make / how to make / homemade / mithahi recipe/ balushahi recipe in hindi / Balushahi recipe Video with all the important tips and tricks.
Balushahi or khurmi is a famous north Indian sweet recipe. In south India it is known as Badusha or badhusha and in some parts of Rajasthan it is even know as makhan vada in rajasthan.
Balushahi recipe with step by step process, all the Important tips and tricks and precise video. In balushahi the outer crust is crisp and the inside is soft juicy and slightly flaky.
This balushahi is a tried and tested recipe which makes the best balushahi you might have ever tasted. This recipe makes far far much better balushahi then you get at halwai or sweet shops.
Please follow the recipe exactly, without making any changes to make the same balushahi I have made. This recipe yields about 28 small balushahi or badusha.
Badusha or khurmi can be made during festival like Diwali Holi or for any celebratory occasion. Badusha can be stored in an air tight container or jar at room temperature for around 5 to 6 days.
Balushahi are also called as Indian Doughnuts but the taste and texture is completely different from doughnuts.
Making balushahi with this method is very easy and simple, but only some time and patience is needed to make badusha.
If you are looking for more sweets recipes then do check:
- Gulab Jamun with milk powder
- Best Ever Shahi Tukda
- Instant Malpua Recipe
- Coconut Burfi (with homemade khoya)
- Homemade instant khoya recipe
You may also like:
- Super soft dahi vada recipe
- Masala Mathari or namak para Recipe
- Annakut recipe (Diwali Special Recipe)
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE ‘My flavours’ Youtube channel and website – ‘www.myflavours.in’ (it’s free!!) to watch all the recipes first….
For full recipe video with all the ingredients, measurements and instructions, please click below –
How To Make Perfect Balushahi – All The Secret Tips \& Tricks हलवाई जैसी बालूशाही बनाने का सही तरीका
For making balushahi dough:
- All purpose (maida) 2 cups or 300 gms
- Ghee 4 tbsp or 100 gms
- Cold fresh curd (dahi) 4 tbsp
- Baking powder ¼ tsp
- Water 4 tbsp
For making sugar syrup for balushahi:
- Sugar 300 gms or 1.5 cups
- Water ¾ cup (half the quantity of sugar)
- Few Saffron strings (optional)
Lets see how to make balushahi recipe:
- In a bowl mix maida and baking powder.
- Add ghee and mix it well by rubbing it between palms. It will get a bread crumbs like texture.
- Add curd and mix.
- Now knead a semi soft dough by adding 3 to 4 tbsp water in it. NOTE: DO NOT KNEAD THE DOUGH FOR TOO LONG, JUST COMBINE IT. Few cracks are required for making balushahi.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile we will prepare sugar syrup.
- Add sugar and water in a pan. Keep stirring occasionally until it comes to a boil. Cook it further for 2 to 3 minutes at medium heat until you get one string consistency.
- Turn off the heat. Cover the pan and keep the sugar syrup aside.
- Now take a small peda from the dough and roll it gently and lightly between palms.
- Flatten it slightly and make a deep indent or depression in its center. Likewise make all balushahi.
- Cover the remaining dough with the same cloth until you fry these.
- Heat ghee or oil until it gets medium hot. At the same time heat a tava at another gas at medium heat.
- Once the ghee reaches correct temperature, transfer the ghee khadhai on hot tava. Keep the flame between medium to low.
- Keeping the khadhai on tava prevents ghee from getting too hot, which helps balshahi to fry perfectly at the same temperature.
- Gradually slide few balushahi into ghee. Fry few balushahi at one time as balushahi will expand in ghee while frying. So make sure that you do not over crowd the kadhai or pan. Also do not flip balushahi very frequently.
- Once the bottom side turns golden brown, gently flip and fry them from other side. Fry balushahi till golden and brown from both sides. Frying one batch of rbalushahi can take around 10 to 15 minutes at low to medium heat, depending on the size of balushahi.
- Remove the fried balushahi from the ghee.
- Transfer the hot balushahi into warm sugar syrup. Let the soak into sugar syrup for about 5 seconds from each sides.
- If in case the sugar syrup gets cool, then reheat it until it gets warm. NOTE: never add hot balushahi into hot sugar syrup it will make it very soft and balushahi can break.
- Take out balushahi from the sugar syrup and garnish it with chopped pista and almonds.
- Balushahi can be easily stored at room temperature for 5 to 6 days.
If you find my recipe helpful, please take a moment and RATE it, SHARE the recipe and do not forget to leave your valuable comment in the comment section below, it really motivates me to make more such easy cooking and baking videos for you….
Balushahi recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor, balushahi recipe, balushahi recipe in marathi, khurmi recipe in hindi, khurmi recipe by nisha madhulika, khurmi recipe chattisgarh, khurmi recipe in urdu, meethi khurmi recipe, badusha recipe in tamil, badusha recipe in telugu, badusha recipe hebbars kitchen, badusha recipe in kannada, badusha recipe madras samayal, indian sweet recipes easy, indian sweet recipes in tamil, indian sweet recipes with milk, indian sweet recipes in telugu, indian sweet recipes in hindi, balushahi recipe in hindi nisha madhulika, balushahi recipe in hindi Sanjeev Kapoor, balushahi recipe in hindi video, balushahi recipe in hindi video download, balushahi recipe in hindi language, indian desserts recipes easy, indian dessert list, dessert recipes with milk, dessert recipes indian, easy indian sweets to make at home, sweet dishes recipes in hindi, eggless dessert recipes, simple sweet recipeswith few ingredients, best sweet dishes, indian dessert recipes easy, indian mithai recipes, Diwali recipes, Diwali sweets, easy to make mithai recipes, easy best, perfect, holi recipes,