Hello friends, today we are going to prepare hare pyaz aur besan ki sabzi. This is has a wonderful aroma of gram flour and asafetida. It is really a quick, simple and an easy dish which can be prepared in no time and can be a served in lunch or dinner as a main dish or accompanied with any other dish or raitas and chapatti or paranthas.
I have used spring onions for this recipe, as they are easily available during this season. But you can easily replace them with regular red onions.
You can also use this pyaz besan ki sabzi as a stuffing for paranthas and serve these paranthas in breakfast or in kid’s lunch box.
- Spring Onion Greens – 2 cups (chopped)
- Spring Onion Whites – ½ cup (chopped)
- Red Onion – 1 small (chopped)
- Green Chilies – 1-2 chopped
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 1/3 cup
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds (zeera) – ½ tsp
- Mustard Seeds (Rai) – ½ tsp
- Asafetida (hing) – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1-2 tsp
- Coriander Powder (dhania) – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafetida.
- Let cumin and mustard crackle.
- Add chopped onions and cook on high flame.
- Once onions turn soft, add chopped green chilies and cook for 15-20 seconds.
- Add turmeric, red chili, coriander and salt. Mix well.
- Add spring onions, mix and cook for about a minute on high flame.
- Now add gram flour and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, while stirring 1-2 times in between. Keep the flame low.
- If you feel that the sabzi is dry then add 1-2 spoon of water and cook further.
- Turn off the flame and leave it covered for about 5 minutes before serving.
- You can also use this sabzi as a stuffing to prepare paranthas.
- After adding gram flour, if you feel that the sabzi is dry then add 1-2 spoon water and cook further.
- You can also use it as a stuffing to prepare quick breakfast or lunch box for kids.
- I have used spring onions for this recipe as they are easily available during this season. But you can easily replace it with the red one. Take 2 – 2 ½ cups of red onions for this recipe.