Hello friends! Welcome to My Flavors. Today we are going to make Hare Chane Ki Sabzi | choliya ki sabzi | Green beans curry. Hare chane or choliya are called Green beans in English. Hare chane or green beans are very healthy and are great source of protein.
They are easily available during March and April months and are green in color. Hare Chane (Chole) Ki Sabzi or green beans curry is very quick and easy to prepare and tastes great. Unlike dried chane these fresh green beans don’t need to be soaked overnight as they are fresh and ready to cook.
Today I am going to cook this curry in pressure cooker, but you can easily cook it in a simple cooking pan with the same procedure, but it will take little more time to cook.
So, let’s quickly see how to prepare Hare Chane Ki Sabzi | choliya ki sabzi | Green beans curry…..
- Green Beans (hare chane ) – 500 gms
- Onion (medium size) – 1 chopped
- Tomatoes (medium size) – 2-3 chopped
- Cumin Seeds ( Zeera ) – ½ tsp
- Asafetida (Hing) – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi ) – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1.5 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1.5 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – 1-2 cups
- Homemade Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, reduce the flame and add cumin seeds and asafetida.
- Add chopped onions and cook them on high flame until onion turns red in colour.
- Add garlic paste, cook for few seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook them for about a minute.
- When tomatoes turn soft, add all the spices – turmeric, red chili, coriander, salt and little water.
- Cook the spices until oil separates. Stir occasionally.
- Once the masala dries, reduce the heat and cover the cooker for about a minute or half.
- Remove the lid and add green beans / hare chane and give it a mix.
- Add 1 and half cup of water and let it come to a boil.
- Add homemade garam masala powder, mix and cover the cooker.
- Give one whistle on high and then cook for about 5 minutes on low heat or until chane / beans get cooked.
- Turn of the heat and let the pressure release.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander and serve with lemon and chopped onion.
- You can reduce the red chili powder according to your personal taste.
- Garam masala powder can also be added while cooking the masala.
- Serve with lemon juice and chopped onions.
- Gravy can be adjusted according to your taste.