Til Gajak Recipe तिल और गुड़ की गजक बनाने की सबसे आसान विधि Til ki Chikki/Til ki Barfi/Til Gajak recipe in Hindi/ Til Gajak/Til Gajak Recipe/Til Gud ki Gajak Recipe/ Til Sakrat/ Til Gud/ Til Gajak Recipe with step by step process, important tips and precise video – Til Gajak Recipe तिल गुड़ की गजक बनाने की सबसे आसान विधि or other Sesame Recipes are prepared on the auspicious day of Makar Sankranti.
Sesame is used on auspicious occasions, rituals, religious sacrifices and marriage ceremonies due to its religious and mythological importance. It is a power house of Iron. It has a capability to avoid diabetes, reduce blood pressure level, develop strong bones and builds immunity.
Jaggery provides loads of minerals, cleanses our body and acts as a digestive agent. Therefore it is recommended to take few grams of jaggery after meals.
Sesame is hot in nature and therefore is used to prepare sweets in winter season. Sesame and Jaggery cures mental weakness and strengthens the health. These till chikki are soft and delicious and I am sure you are going to love them. So go ahead and give them a try…….
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
Please SUBSCRIBE ‘My Flavours’ youtube channel to watch all the recipes first.
Do not forget to rate this recipe!!
Full recipe video given below
- Sesame seeds (Till) – 200 gms
- Jaggery – 300 gms
- Chopped nuts – 10 gms cashew, almonds and pista
- Cardamom Powder – 3 remove skin
- Clarified Butter (ghee) – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 tbsp optional
- Grate or finely chop jaggery and keep it aside.
- Take a heavy bottom kadai and dry roast sesame seeds in it at a low flame. Keep stirring sesame seeds for even roasting and to avoid burning.
- Roast till sesame seeds start to change colour. Turn off the flame and take it in a dry plate to cool down.
- Take a dry grinder; put roasted sesame seeds in it. Run the grinder for 4-5 seconds, open the lid give sesame seeds a mix and run the grinder one more time for another 4-5 seconds. We just want to coarsely grind sesame seeds (few powdered, few broken and few as a whole). Keep it aside.
- Take a plate and grease it with ghee, and keep it aside.
- Now in the same heavy bottom kadai, add chopped/grated jaggery and a tablespoon of ghee. If the jaggery is hard you can also add 1 or 2 tbsp of water in it. Let the jaggery melt at medium heat. Keep stirring to avoid burning the jaggery.
- When the jaggery melts, reduce the flame and cook till its colour starts to get little dark.
- Once you see that its colour has started to darken, immediately add grounded sesame seeds, chopped nuts and cardamom powder in it. Turn off the heat and mix thoroughly and quickly.
- Immediately transfer the hot mixture into the greased plate and combine it with hands or spoon.
- Flatten the warm mixture with a spatula or with the back of a bowl. Cut it into desired shape and size. Let the chikki set for couple of minutes.
- After 4-5 minutes carefully release the chikkies / gajak from the plate. Do not leave the chikki for too long otherwise they will get stick to the plate and can break while taking them off.
- Let the gajak cool completely, then transfer them into an air tight container.