Fruit Cake Recipe Easy without Oven/Christmas Plum Cake/ plum cake
Christmas cake recipe / fruit cake recipe / plum cake recipe/Kerala Plum Cake/how to make christmas fruit cake/christmas cake recipe without alcohol/plum cake without oven with step by step process and precise video. Among variety of Christmas cakes this is the basic fruit cake which is prepared during Christmas and new year.
Traditionally plum cake or Christmas cake is prepared using rum, but today I am going to show you a non-alcoholic version of Christmas plum cake.
Christmas Plum cake or fruit n nut cake lots of dry fruits and candied fruits. I have added almonds, cashews, walnuts, raisins, tutti fruity, orange peels and candied ginger along with nutmeg and mace powder. All these ingredients give this plum cake a very unique and amazing flavor and aroma.
I have used both regular white sugar and brown sugar in the recipe but if you do not have brown sugar you can replace it with white sugar.
This is a version of spongy fruit cake and today in this recipe I will show you how to prepare this sponge cake with and without oven. You can see that the cake prepared in cooker and the cake prepared in oven both has the same texture and sponginess.
Do visit my other collection
If you find my recipe helpful, feel free to like and share it. For more recipes do not forget to subscribe to my blog and youtube channel.
Christmas Cake or Fruit Cake Video Recipe:
Ingredients for Fruit Cake Recipe Easy without Oven/Christmas Plum Cake:
For caramel syrup:
- Brown sugar ½ cup
- Water ¼ cup + ½ cup
For Christmas cake or plum cake:
- All purpose flour or maida 3 cups / 300 gms
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Mace 1 flower
- Nutmeg ¾ nut
- Powder sugar 250 gms
- Ghee or unsalted butter 250 gms
- Eggs 5
- Milk ½ cup (approx)
Process of making plum cake or Christmas cake:
- Preparing caramel syrup – in a sauce pan add brown sugar and ¼ cup of water.
- Without mixing it let the sugar melt at low to medium heat.
- Cook the syrup until it thickens and gets caramelize.
- Once you see that all the sugar has melted and the syrup has caramelized, add remaining ½ cup of water and give it a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let the sugar come to room temperature.
- Mixing of fruits n nuts: in a bowl add almonds, cashews, walnuts, raisins, orange peels, candied ginger and tutti fruity. (orange peels and candied ginger gives very nice orange flavor to the plum cake but if you do not have, you can skip it.
- Add 1 tbsp of all purpose flour and toss all the fruits and nuts in it. Keep them aside.
- Make spice powder: Crush nutmeg and mace into fine powder. We will need 1.5 tsp of this powder for the plum cake or Christmas cake. Keep it also aside.
- Preheat cooker and oven: take a pressure cooker and spread salt t its bottom. Place a ring or baking plate on it. Take off ring and whistle from its lid. Place the lid on the cooker and preheat it at medium heat for at least 10 minutes. If baking in the oven: them preheat the oven at 170 degrees C for 10 minutes at convection mode.
- Mixing dry ingredients: sieve together – all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and nutmeg and mace powder. Keep it aside.
- Preparing cake batter: add powder sugar and ghee or unsalted butter in a bowl and beat it until light and creamy.
- Now add eggs into it cream mixture. Please note that you have to add one egg at a time, mix it, then add another egg, again mix it and likewise add all the remaining eggs to the mixture.
- Now add caramel syrup and dry mix into the cream mixture into three parts. Mix gently.
- Add all the fruits n nuts and mix well.
- Adjust the consistency by add little milk at a time.
- Pour the prepared batter into the lined and greased cake tin.
- Place into the preheated cooker and bake at low heat for 40 – 45 minutes or until a clean toothpick comes out. Oven baking may also take same time.
- Take out the cake and let it come to room temperature. Cut into slices and serve.
Christmas cake recipe, fruit cake recipe, plum cake recipe, easy Christmas cake recipe, plum cake, fruit cake, kerala Christmas fruit cake recipe, Christmas, Christmas special, cake recipe, cake, eggless cake, Christmas fruit cake, plum cake without alcohol, instant cake recipe, pressure cooker cake, plum, Christmas cakes, new year, spongy cake recipe, sponge cake in cooker, pressure cooker cake recipe, how to make cake in cooker, chocolate cake recipe, chocolate cake, sponge cake