Hello friends! Welcome to My Flavors. Today we are going to make Fresh Strawberry Sauce Recipe. Fresh Strawberries are available only for few months and they are not always sweet enough to be used directly into the desserts.So comes the question that what should we do and how to store fresh strawberries ??
And the solution to both these problems is to make a Strawberry Sauce of these available fresh strawberries.
Making sauce will reduce its sourness, and we will get a bright red colour sauce ready to be used in any recipe.
This is probably the best and easiest way to store fresh strawberries. You have to simply cook chopped strawberries with sugar and little water. I am not adding any corn flour to this recipe and have cooked strawberries in very little sugar so that this sauce can be easily used in any recipe, whether its strawberry cheesecake, strawberry shake, strawberry topping, strawberry pastry, strawberry yogurt, strawberry ice cream or any other recipe which calls for strawberry this sauce is just perfect to go into it.
This simple and quick homemade strawberry sauce can be easily stored in the refrigerator for up to a week and for longer storage it can be kept in the freezer. Just take it out few minutes before use and its ready to go in to required recipe. I love this sauce with some chunks of strawberries in it but if you wish you can grind it once it comes to room temperature and make a smooth strawberry puree of it.
Let’s quickly see how to prepare homemade fresh strawberry sauce …..
- Fresh Red Strawberry – 200 gms
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Water – ¼ cup
- Trim off the stems from the fresh strawberries.
- Wash and chop them.
- In a saucepan add chopped strawberries, sugar and water.
- Turn on the heat and cook until sugar melts and strawberries turn soft.
- Stir occasionally and clean the sides of the pan otherwise it will burn and will give a burnt caramel flavor.
- When strawberries turn soft, mesh them using a spatula or a spoon.
- Once the sauce thickens turn off the heat and let the sauce cool completely.
- If you wish you can grind the sauce into fine consistency once it cools down. But personnel if prefer to use this sauce with few fruits chunks as it tastes yummy and looks tempting too.
- The strawberry sauce is ready to use once it comes to room temperature.
- It stays fresh for up to a week if stored in refrigerator and in freezer it can be stored for few months.
- Always use fresh, ripe. Red strawberries for the sauce.
- I have added little sugar in this sauce, so that this sauce can be easily adjusted and used in any recipe.
- This simple and quick homemade strawberry sauce can be easily stored in the refrigerator for up to a week and for longer storage it can be kept in the freezer.
- If stored in a freezer then take this sauce out of the freezer few minutes before use and its ready to go in to required recipe.
- I love this sauce with some chunks of strawberries in it, but if you wish you can puree it once it comes to room temperature.