Easy Biryani Recipe for Ramadan/Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe Hindi/Indian Chicken Biryani Recipe/Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani in Hindi/Best Biryani Recipe at home /Chicken Dum Biryani step by Step Recipe/how to make restaurant style chicken biryani,
Learn how to make world famous, mouthwatering and tempting Chicken Biryani at home. This delicious Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is very easy to make. So try this simple and tasty Biryani for Ramadan, Eid, party or for any occasion. This Biryani Recipe is definitely going to be a showstopper!
Simple chicken biryani, chicken biryani recipe, best biryani recipe, Ramadan recipe for iftar, Ramadan recipe, Ramadan. Best chicken biryani recipe, dum biryani, dum biryani recipe, hyderabadi chicken dum biryani, restaurant style chicken biryani recipe, dum biryani recipe, kachchi biryani recipe, biryani recipe in hindi, biryani recipe hyderabadi, biryani raita, hyderabadi biryani, biryani banana ka tarika, sahi biryani, homemade chicken biryani,
Click for more:
Click for Chicken Biryani Recipe Video:
Ingredients for making Chicken Biryani Recipe:
Finely cut and golden fry 3 medium size or 300 gms onions at medium heat and keep aside.
Ingredients for marination
- Chicken 1kg
- Red chili powder 2tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Homemade Garam Masala Power 1 tsp
- Javitri Jaiphal Powder ½ tsp
- Green chillies 2-3
- Half of the fried onions
- Curd 200 gms (beat it well before adding)
- Oil 2 big cooking spoon (I am adding the same oil I used for frying onions)
- Green chili pickle 2 tsp
- Mint leaves chopped ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves chopped ¼ cup
Basmati Rice or sela rice 750 gms
Whole garam masala:
- Shah zeera 1 tsp
- Green cardamom 5
- Bay leaves 2
- Black pepper 8-10
- Cloves 8-10
- Cinnamon one small piece (1-2 cm)
- Black cardamom 1
- Star anise 1
- Salt to taste
Ghee 3-4 tbsp
Kewra water 1 tbsp
More mint leaves and coriander leaves
Orange food colour
Water ¼ cup
How to make Chicken Biryani:
STEP 1: Finely chop onions into thin slices and fry them into small batches in hot oil at medium heat until they turn golden. Keep stirring occasionally for even frying. Take out the fried onions and spread them in a plate. This will make fried onions crispier. Likewise fry all the onions. Keep the fried onions aside.
STEP 2: For cooking biryani take a big and heavy bottom pan. Add chicken and all the ingredients mentioned for marintion. Mix well and let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
Step 3: Wash and soak rice in fresh water for 30 minutes or as per instructions. Take sufficient water in a vessel. Water must be 3 to 4 times the rice. Add whole garam masala and little salt into it and let the water come to a boil. Add soaked rice and cook until rice are 70% done. Drain the water and keep boiled rice aside.
STEP 4: Take a heavy iron tava or griddle and place it on medium heat. We will cook this dum biryani on this tava and not on direct heat.
Mix food colour in ¼ cup water.
STEP 5: Finally, spread boiled rice over marinated chicken. Sprinkle coloured water, remaining fried onions, ¼ cup chopped mint leaves, ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves, ghee, and at last kewra water. Secure the lid by placing wet kitchen towel between lid and pan. Place the pan on HOT TAVA and keep some heavy weight on the lid so that no steam escape out. You can also secure the lid by applying dough to its sides.
STEP 6: For first 5 minutes cook it on high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cook for another 20-25 minutes on low heat. Turn off the heat and let the Biryani get Dum for at least 20-30 minutes on the hot tava. DO NOT OPEN THE LID IN BETWEEN THIS WHOLE PROCESS!
Step 7: Serve hot biryani with biryani raita.
- Take heavy bottom pan for cooking Dum Biryani.
- Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Soak rice for 30 minutes. Always soak and boil rice when you are about to cook biryani.
- Use only green chili pickle for the recipe.
- You can adjust spiciness according to your taste.
- Never cook Dum Biryani on direct heat. Always use Iron Tava /griddle and place biryani pan on it.
- Secure the lid by placing wet heavy kitchen towel between pan and lid and place something heavy on the lid, so that steam does not come out.
- Cook first 5 minutes on high heat and then on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- After that leave biryani on hot tava for atleast 15-20 minutes or more before opening. The more you leave it for Dum the testier it will be.
- Serve Hyderabadi Dum Biryani with Biryani Raita.