Crispiest Homemade Potato Nuggets/Easy Party Starter Recipe/Potato Nuggets by My Flavours with step by step process, tips and precise video – Today in this post I am going to show how to make Crispiest Homemade Potato Nuggets/Easy Party Starter Recipe/Potato Nuggets by My Flavours. Potato nuggets is a very popular frozen food snack item which is loved by kids and can be served as a snack item in any party. By following this recipe you can make really crispy and crunchy potato nuggets which are mildly spicy and can be prepared easily and quickly at home.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!! Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE myflavours to watch all the recipes first….
So let’s quickly see how to make Potato Nuggets…
- Potatoes (Boiled) – 5 medium size
- Garlic (crushed) – ½ tsp
- Mixed Herbs – ½ tsp
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Chili Flakes – 1 tsp
- Chili Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Cheese (Grated) – ½ cup
- Cornflour – 4 tbsp + 3 tbsp
- Coriander (finely chopped) – ¼ cup
- Poha Powder – 2 tbsp + 1/3 cup
- Bread Crumbs – 2 tbsp + 1/3 cup
- Dry Mango Powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for frying
- Boil potatoes and refrigerate them for 1-2 hours.
- Peel and grate the potatoes.
- Add crushed garlic, mixed herbs, oregano, chili flakes, oregano, salt, pepper powder, 4 tbsp cornflour, grated cheese, 2 tbsp poha powder and 2 tbsp bread crumbs, chopped coriander, dry mango powder
- Gently combine all the ingredients well.
- Finally add 2 tsp oil and form a ball.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions and shape them into logs.
- Take one log and cut it into equal portion. You can cut the logs into any size you want.
- With greased palm, roll each portion into cylindrical or any desired shape you want your nuggets to be.
- In a bowl mix rest of the poha powder and bread crumbs. Keep aside.
- In another bowl mix 3 tbsp cornflour with ½ cup of water and keep it aside.
- Dip each potato nuggets one by one into cornflour paste, then roll it into bread crumb and poha powder mix by pressing lightly with hands.
- Put the prepared potato nuggets in refrigerator for few minutes to set.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium heat and fry prepared potato nuggets (few at a time) till golden brown in colour.
- Stir occasionally for even browning.
- Remove the fried crispy potato nuggets on paper napkin and serve with tomato ketchup.
- Boil potatoes till 90% done. Cool the boiled potatoes for few hours before use.
- For the poha powder: take regular poha and grind it into a dry grinder.
- For the bread crumbs I have used dried breads and then grinded them into a mixer until powder.