Cough Drops-Home Remedy for Cough & Sour Throat/Throat Lozenge चूसने की गोली खाँसी, गले की खराश में तुरन्त आराम के लिए Cough drops at Home/Home Remedy-today I am going to show you a very effective home remedy for cough and sour throat that is lemon, ginger and honey cough drops.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!!
We also have a youtube channel, so please SUBSCRIBE to ‘My Flavours’ youtube channel to watch all the recipe videos.
And if you liked the recipe then please rate it !!
Full recipe video given below……
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Ginger Juice – 1 tsp
- Clove – 14 crushed
- Ginger Powder – 1 tsp
- Powder Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Pre-preparation: Take a butter paper and sprinkle powdered sugar on it. Keep it aside ass we will make our cough drops on it.
- Take a sauce pan and add sugar and water in it. Cook on medium flame until sugar dissolves and syrup comes to a boil. Keep stirring.
- Once the syrup comes to a boil, one by one add lemon juice, ginger juice, clove powder and ginger powder in it.
- Cook the mixture on medium to low heat until it gets thicken.
- By the time keep a bowl of ice cold water besides you to check the consistency of the syrup.
- When the mixture thicken, add honey in it, mix and cook for a minute or two.
- Reduce the heat to low and add few drops of syrup in the bowl of cold water. Let the drop sit in the water for about 10 seconds. After 10 seconds take the drop out of the water and try to mold it. If the drop is soft and you can easily mold it, this means that the syrup is not ready yet. For crunchy candies we want the drop to be hard such that it breaks with a crack sound, this type of syrup will make sticky candies. So We have to cook it for few more seconds.
- After about a minute we will check it again. We will repeat the process until we get hard and crunchy drop.
- Now immediately turn off the heat and drop Caramel drops on the prepared butter paper.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the hot drops and let them set properly. Powdered sugar prevents cough drops to stick from each other.
- Transfer the prepared cough drops with the excess powdered sugar into an air tight container. Prevent the from heat and moisture.
- For cleaning the pan in which we have prepared the Cough drops please see the recipe video.
- If you like the recipe please take a while to rate the recipe :))