Carrot Burfi Recipe/Gajar ki Burfi Recipe in Hindi with step by step process and precise video. Today I am sharing a recipe which is delicious and very much similar to carrot or gajar ka halwa, that is Carrot Burfi Recipe/Gajar ki Burfi Recipe in Hindi or gajar ki burfi . This carrot dessert is basically a condensed milk recipe which has no khoya in it. This carrot barfi is a rich, soft, creamy and delicious dessert which just melts in the mouth.
It is a very easy burfi recipe, with very few and easily available ingredients. This carrot dessert can be prepared before hand for any party or occasion. Carrot burfi is basically a dried version of gajar ka halwa, in which gajar ka halwa is cooked till all its juices evaporates and the burfi sets after cooling. So, this means you can use any recipe of gajar ka halwa to make this burfi ,you just need to cook the halwa for little more time, till it forms a soft lump.
Here I am using milk powder, almond powder and condensed milk, to give a rich creamy texture to these burfi.
You may also like Gajar ke pakode, Instant Gajar ka Halwa, Kachchi Haldi ki Sabzi, Til Moongfali ki Chakki, Sarson ka Saag, Sweet Amla Candy, Salted Amla Candy Recipe, Red Amla Candy, Amla Hari Mirch ka Achar, Lehsun ki Chutney, Rajasthani Dal Bati Churma,
So, go ahead and lets see how to make carrot burfi or gajar ki burfi.
Full recipe video given below.
(1 cup = 250 ml)
- Red Carrots (Gajar) – 1 kg Grated
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 3 tbsp full + 1 tbsp more for greasing
- Milk Powder – 1/2 cup
- Cashew (Kaju) – 10-12
- Almonds (Badam) – 20
- Condensed Milk – 1 cup
- Almond Flakes – of about 10- 15 almonds
- Cardamom / Elaichi Powder – 3-4 or 1/2 tsp
- Wash, peel and grate carrots. Keep aside.
- Powder cashew and almonds separately. Mix together and keep aside. It makes about 1/2 cup of powder all together. (Cashew are soft and grind easily and on the other hand almonds are little hard then cashew so take little more time. So, if both are grinded together then cashew tends to leave oil.)
- Add ghee in a nonstick pan and once it melts, add grated carrots to it.
- Cook carrots on high to medium flame till all its water dries. Keep steering.
- Add milk powder, cashew and almond powder and mix well. Keep the flame on medium to high. Cook till ghee separates.
- Add condensed milk and cook on high heat till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder, mix and cook till it forms a soft lump. Keep steering. Keep the heat accordingly.
- Meanwhile, grease a plate or barfi tin with ghee. Here I have used a chocolate tin / box cover.
- Once the mixture combines into a smooth lump, turn off the heat and transfer the hot mixture into the greased tin.
- Spread it evenly into 1 cm thickness by pressing it gently. Sprinkle almond flakes and again press gently.
- Once it sets a bit, cut into desired shape and size. I have cut it into 1 inch squares.
- Let it set completely for about 1-2 hours.
- Take it out carefully and serve.
- Quantity of condensed milk may vary according to the sweetness of carrots. So I will recommend you to add 3/4 cup of sweetness at first and then add more as per requirement.
- Keep steering and keep the flame accordingly.
- You can easily replace cashew with almonds.
- You can also add coconut powder if you like.
- These are soft barfies, so take them out carefully.
- It can stay fresh at cold room temperature for about 5-7 days.