Hello friends! Welcome to My Flavors. Today we are going to make Carrot Beetroot and Mix Fruit Salad Raita . This is a very nutritious and quick salad which is prepared with red carrot, beetroot and mix fruits like orange, apple, grapes, pineapple, pear, chiku or any other fruit of your choice. This is a very versatile salad, it can be a healthy and filling breakfast or could be a dessert in your lunch in the form of yogurt salad, you can also serve this versatile salad as a raita with you meals.
Thus this salad can be prepared and served in 3 different ways : 1. carrot beetroot and mix fruit salad 2. Yogurt Salad 3. Salad Raita.
So let’s quickly start making carrot, beetroot mix fruit salad raita…..
- Carrot (grated) – 1 cup
- Beetroot (grated) – ½
- Chiku – 2-3 nos.
- Apple – 1 nos.
- Pomegranate (Anaar) – 1 nos.
- Grapes – ½ cup
- Fresh Yogurt (Dahi) – 1 cup
- Black salt – as per taste
- Cumin Powder – as per taste
- Red Chili Powder – a pinch
- Peel, wash and grate carrots and beetroot.
- Cut apple and chiku into bite size pieces. Keep aside.
- Cut grapes into halves.
- Put all the ingredients together & mix well.
- You can also add bananas, pineapple, oranges or any fruit of your choice.
- Choice and quantity of fruits, carrots and beetroot can be adjusted according to personal liking and taste.
- Let the prepared salad sit covered for about half an hour before serving.
- If the weather is hot, keep the salad in refrigerator and serve chilled.
For making Yogurt Saladwe will need –
1 cup prepared salad
¾ – 1 cup fresh yogurt
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
For making Raitaout of this salad –
- In the yogurt salad add black salt and roasted cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add a pinch of
- red chili powder and mix.
- Chili powder is completely optional, if you want you can leave it.
- Keep it in the refrigerator and serve chilled in lunch.