Bhindi Do Pyaza/Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe in Hindi/Okra Sabzi Recipe with step by step description, tips and precise video – Hello I am Abida, author of this post, Bhindi Do Pyaza/Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe in Hindi/Okra Sabzi is a very tasty and easy to cook Bhindi ki Sabzi recipe. This is a very special and a masaledaar Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe which has long pieces of okra and onion cubes with a tanginess of tomatoes in it.
Share and spread My Flavours tasty and easy to cook homemade recipes with your friends!! Do not forget to SUBSCRIBE myflavours to watch all the recipes first….
Let’s quickly see how to make Bhindi Do Pyaza/Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe in Hindi/Okra Sabzi…..
- Ladyfinger /Okra (Bhindi) – 500 gms – ½ kg
- Onion Cubes – 1 cup
- Ginger (Adrak) – 1.5 -2 inches piece
- Garlic (Lahsun) – 8-10
- Onion – 1.5 large onion
- Tomatoes – 3 medium size
- Green Chili – 2-3 cut into half lengthwise
- Cumin Seeds (Zeera) – 1 tsp
- Red chili Powder – 1.5 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Sugar – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 5-6 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash, dry and cut ladyfinger/ Bhindi into 1 inch long pieces.
- Cut onions into 4 or 6 pieces (depending on the size of onion) and open its upper large layers.
- Reserve the small inner pieces aside, as we will use them in the gravy.
- Finely chop or make paste of ginger, garlic and 1.5 large onions together.
- Finely chop or puree tomatoes.
- Cut green chilies into halves in lengthwise.
- In a kadhai /pan heat 2 tbsp oil and fry okra/bhindi until its stickiness is gone and it gets 90% cook.
- Transfer the fried bhindi into a plate.
- In a kadhai add 5-6 tbsp oil for the sabzi.
- Once the oil gets heated, add cumin seeds into it and cook for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped / paste of onion, garlic and ginger and cook till onions turn pink.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes / tomato puree. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add dry spices – turmeric, red chili, coriander, garam masala powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook until oil separates. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Once oil get separated, add fried bhindi/ okra, onion cubes and green chili slits.
- Mix everything well, place the lid on and let the sabzi cook until bhindi is done and onions turns slightly soft.
- Serve the hot BHINDI DO PYAZA with chapatti, paranthas or naan.