Anda or Egg muffin can also be called baked omelet. Egg muffin recipe is a great dish which can make your brunch or breakfast menu a big hit. These are truly tasty muffins which are loaded with veggies and are high in protein.
They are the mixture of chopped veggies and spices in the beaten eggs and baked in silicon or nonstick greased molds till done.
(Makes 6 muffins)
- Silicon muffin molds – 6
- Cabbage (chopped ) – 1/3 cup
- Capsicum (chopped) – 1 medium size
- Onion (chopped) – 1 medium size
- Green chilies (chopped) -1-2(as per taste)
- Fresh coriander/cilantro( chopped) – 2-3 tbsp
- Eggs – 3
- Ghee or butter melted – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Heat the oven (at convection mode) at 180 degree C.
- Take a big mixing bowl, put all the ingredients (except butter and eggs) in it and mix well.
- Add eggs into this mix and beat well.
- Put 2-3 drops of ghee/butter into muffin molds
- Add egg mixture into each mold till 3/4th of its capacity.
- Bake at 180 degree C, for 14-16 minutes or till done,.
- After 14 minutes, check the muffins by inserting a tooth pick in center of a muffin, if it comes out clean, then it’s done, or else bake for another 2-4 minutes. When baked completely the muffins will leave the corners of the molds and its top surface will not be wet. You will see that the completely baked muffins have risen a little high.
- Take the baked muffins out of the mold.
- Serve hot muffins with tomato ketchup.
- Use only silicon or nonstick molds.
- You may add or reduce vegetables according to your taste.
- Depending on oven, baking time may vary.