Amla Candy Recipe video in Hindi/How to Make Amla Candy at Home with step by step process, important tips and precise video. Today we are going to make Amla Candy Recipe video in Hindi/How to Make Amla Candy at Home / sweet Amla Candy at home. Amla candy is sweet in taste and is prepared by using just two ingredients; amla and sugar. You can even call it dry amla murabba.
Amla is also known as Indian Gooseberry. It is full of Vitamin C and has lot of health benefits. Amla fruit can be consumed raw or cooked in variety of dishes such as pickle, chutney, jam, candy, churan, murabba, etc.
My family prefers less sugar, so I have added less sugar, but you can adjust sugar according to your taste. Amla Candy is very easy and heathy candy which is full of amla benefits. Consuming 2-3 amla candy daily improves your digestive and immune system. It is also beneficial for eyes, hair and overall health. And you know what ……… kids too love this health packed candy! So let’s see how to make this sweet amla candy.
Full recipe video given below:
• Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – 1 kg
• Sugar – 600 gms
- Boil water in a vessel.
- Add amla into boiling water, give a boil and reduce the flame.
- Boil till amla flakes starts to separate. Stir in between.
- Drain the boiled amla into a strainer and let them cool completely.
- Carefully separate the amla flakes from the seed and keep aside.
- Take big vessel; put amla flakes into it and put sugar over it. No need to mix them. Cover the vessel and keep aside.
- The next day you will see that all the amla are soaked in the sugar and amla syrup. Give everything a gentle mix and cover the vessel once again.
- Keep it aside for 3 days. Mix the amla once a day.
- After 3 days, drain the amla in a strainer.
- Spread the amla on a plate and dry them in sun for 2-3 days (depending on the sunlight).
- Flip them once a day, so that the bottom side also dries equally.
- The outer crust will dry completely and the center will be soft and chewy.
- Store the dry amla in a dry and clean glass or plastic container.
- If stored properly these amla candies tastes best for about a whole year.
- Try to select fresh and spotless amlas for the candy.
- For a chatpata taste you can sprinkle little chat masala over the dried amlas.
- While the amla are soaked in the syrup, few amla will stick together. So separate these stick amla while you mix them.
- For sun drying the amla; keep the amla in the sunlight during the day and take them indoor in the evening.
- Store the dried amla in an airtight glass container.
- While boiling the amla see that you boil them till its flakes starts separating.
- I don’t like the amla candy too sweet, but if you like you can sprinkle about 1-2 tbsp powdered sugar on dried amla mix and store them.
- You can collect the amla syrup, boil it and store this syrup in the refrigerator, once it cools down and use it as a sweet amla sharbat) .
- For storing the amla syrup; boil it for 5-10 minutes and store it in a refrigerator when it cools down completely. Use as a amla sharbat mixed with required amount of water.