Instant Dhokla Recipe in Cooker मार्किट जैसा Soft & moist ढोकला कुकर में with step by step description, tips and precise video: today in this post I am going to share famous Gujarati snack, Instant Dhokla Recipe in Cooker मार्किट जैसा Soft & moist ढोकला कुकर में. This is a very easy & quick recipe by which you can prepare moist & spongy dhoklas same as you buy from the market at home, that too in just 20-25 minutes. This is a foolproof recipe of khaman dhokla which I am preparing since years.
This recipe prepares 3, 6 inches plates of khaman and is sufficient for 6-8 servings.
If you like my recipe then please share it and SUBSCRIBE to my flavours.
For the Khaman Batter:
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 1.5 cups
- Rava (Suji) – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 5 tsp full
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Citric Acid (tatri/nimbu sat) – ¼ tsp
- Water (for the batter) – 1 ¼ – 1 ½ cups
- Eno (fruit salt) – 1.5 tsp
- Oil ( for greasing the khaman plates) – 2-3 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds (Rai) – 1 tsp
- Green chilies (Hari mirch) – 4-5 (choose less spicy chilies, take the seeds out & cut into lengthwise in 1.5 inches stripes)
- Curry leaves – 15-20 leaves
- Water 2-2.5 cups
- Sugar – 5 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tbsp
For garnishing & serving:
- Grated coconut (optional)
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Chopped Coriander (optional)
- Green chutney
- For the batter, in a big mixing bowl add besan, sugar, salt and citric acid.
- Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Make a thick batter just like Idli batter by adding little water at a time.
- Beat the batter for 2-3 minutes so that it gets light & airy and all the sugar get dissolves.
- Keep the batter aside for 5-10 minutes so that rava gets soft.
- Meanwhile pour 3-4 cups of water into khaman maker or cooker in which we are going to steam khaman.
- But make sure that the water level is always below the khaman plates.
- Let the water come to a boil.
- Grease the khaman plates and keep them aside.
- Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat and add Eno / fruit salt into the batter and mix well.
- Quickly pour the batter equally into the greased khaman plates and tap them few times to ensure that no air bubbles remains in the batter.
- Never fill the plates more than half of its quantity.
- If you are making khaman into cooker than make sure that you take out its whistle/ weight (ceti) from the lid.
- Immediately place the khaman plates into the khaman maker / cooker having hot boiling water and place the lid on.
- Let the khaman steam on high flame for 8-10 minutes, then reduce the flame to medium and further cook for 4-5 minutes or until its done.
- To check: after 12 minutes insert a knife / toothpick in the center of a khaman, if it comes out clean it means it’s done.
- If not then further cook them for 2-3 minutes more on medium heat until it done.
- Take the cooked khaman out of the stand and let them cool a bit, then cut them into desired sizes.
- Meanwhile we will prepare tempering for the khaman.
- Heat oil in a khadai, add mustard seeds, green chilies slits and curry leaves in it.
- Cook on low heat until few spots appears on green chilies.
- Add water, sugar and salt in it.
- Let water comes to a boil.
- Cook for about a minute more so that chilies turn slightly soft.
- Add fresh lemon juice and give a last boil. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the tempering equally on the khaman.
- The water level should be little above the khaman.
- Let the khaman sit for few minutes so that it absorbs all the syrup.
- You can also garnish the prepared khaman dhokla with sesame seeds, grated coconut and chopped coriander before serving.
- Serve the dhokla with green chutney.
- If you want to have cold dhokla which I like to have in summers, then place the prepared dhoklas into the refrigerator for few hours and serve cold.