Homemade lemon squash recipe or Lemon Sharbat Recipe with step by step description, important tips and precise video : Hello I am Abida and in today’s post I am going to share with you a very refreshing summer drink which is liked by one and all, that is Homemade lemon squash recipe or Lemon Sharbat Recipe . It is all season favorite drink. But to make it fresh every time is a bit tedious job. So, to avoid this problem today I am going to show you how to make lemon squash at home using fresh lemon juice. It tastes exactly same as fresh lemonade. It is a very easy and quick recipe. Once prepared transfer this lemon squash in a glass or plastic bottle and store in the refrigerator. It stays fresh for 2-3 weeks.
If yo like recipe please Like and Share it and do not forget to SUBSCRIBE to MyFlavours.
So, let’s quickly see how to prepare homemade lemon squash……
- Fresh Lemon Juice – ¾ cup
- Sugar – 2 ½ cup
- Water – 1 ¼ cup
- In a sauce pan mix sugar and water together and cook on high flame until sugar dissolves.
- Keep stirring otherwise sugar will stick at the bottom of the pan.
- When the syrup comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook it for 3-4 minutes more or until it comes to one string consistency.
- To check the consistency, take a drop of sugar syrup in a plate and let it cool for 2-3 seconds. Then press the drop between your finger and thumb and release gently.
- If it forms one string then it is ready otherwise cook it for few more minutes.
- Once sugar dissolves and syrup comes to one string consistency, cook the syrup further for 2 minutes more on medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- Do not cook it more than 2 minutes.
- Let the syrup cool completely. Keep stirring occasionally to avoid crystallization of sugar.
- On cooling the syrup it may form sugar crystals, but do not worry it will happen as we have cooked it more than 1 string consistency. Once we will add lemon juice into it will form a thick syrup again.
- Never add lemon juice into hot sugar syrup, its taste will change.
- Once the sugar syrup comes to room temperature, add fresh lemon juice into it and mix well until almost all the sugar crystals dissolves.
- Take a sieve and pass it through it so that any undissolved sugar crystal gets separated.
- The lemon squash is ready to use.
- For serving lemon squash take the required quantity in a glass or jar, add ice cubes and dilute it with fresh water or plane soda. Mix well and serve.
- For storing: Transfer the prepared lemon concentrate in a clean and dry bottle and store it in refrigerator.
- It easily stays fresh for few weeks.