Today we are going to make homemade korma masala powder or korma spice mix at home. Homemade korma masala powder or korma spice mix is a combination of specially selected spices in perfect ratios, which are further grounded into fine aromatic powder. With this homemade korma spice mix you can make perfect korma recipes at home, that too without worrying about the taste and flavor of the spices. Prepare and store korma spice mix in advance and keep it in an air tight container for later use. It easily stays fresh for months. Having this korma masala ready in hands, you can make mouth smacking kormas any and every time you want. This homemade korma masala is so flavourful that it will fill your surroundings with an aroma of spices when you cook.
This much quantity of homemade korma masala powder or korma spice mix can be used for both chicken and mutton and is sufficient for 1 – 1.5 kg (approximately) of mutton/chicken.
So, lets quickly see how to make this perfect homemade korma masala powder….
Perfect for 1 – 1.5 kg chicken/mutton
- Red Chili Powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds– 1 tbsp
- Cloves (lavang) – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Stick (Daal Chini) – 1 inch piece
- Fennel Seeds (Saunf) – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Zeera) – ½ tsp
- Shah Zeera – A pinch
- Bay leaf (Tej Patta) – 2-3 leaves
- Green Cardamom (Hari Ilaichi) – 6-7 pieces
- Take out all the bay leaves, few cloves and peppers and 3 green cardamom in a separate bowl.
- Take a dry grinder and put rest of the whole spice and powdered spices in it.
- Grind everything into fine powder.
- If you want to reduce the heat then you can reduce the amount of red chili powder in the masala mix.
- Take out the grounded masala into a plate and let it come to room temperature.
- Add the separated whole spices (cloves, peppers, bay leaves and cardamoms) into it.
- The homemade korma masala is ready.
- Always store the homemade korma masala in an air tight jar and use it as and when required.
- You can always prepare the korma masala in advance and store it in an air tight jar for later use.
- This much quantity of korma masala mix is sufficient for 1 kg to 1.5 kg mutton or chicken.