Easy Mango ice cream recipe with detail steps and precise video – Quick and Easy mango ice cream recipe made with only 3 ingredients heavy cream, condensed milk and MANGOES.
This mango ice cream is so soft, creamy and rich that it just melts in the mouth. It is made from real mango pulp and thus it has the flavor of real mangoes.
The main reason why people avoid making ice creams at home is that homemade ice creams have ice crystals in it and are not as soft and creamy as store bought one. Also homemade ice creams have to be taken out of the freezer and have to be beaten after every few hours to avoid the crystals formation. The second main reason why many can’t make ice creams at home is that they do not have ice cream machine.
But this yummy mango delight does not require any ice cream machine neither this recipe needs to be beaten again and again after every few hours. Then also it tastes much better than any store bought one. One more plus point is that it has no artificial flavor and color in it. It is a very easy and quick recipe which requires just 10 minutes from starting, till it is popped in the freezer to set.
The flavor, color and fragrance of the mango ice cream completely depends on the quality of mangoes you use. So it is always preferred to choose good quality, sweet mangoes for making the ice cream. Also take care that you always set the homemade ice cream in a thin layer of around 2-3 centimeters, as thin layer sets faster, compare to ice creams set in thick layer. Always cover the homemade ice-creams with a tight lid or a plastic wrap to avoid crystal formation. Also you need to chill the cream in the refrigerator overnight and before use freeze it for about 2 hours as chilled cream whips very well. Never use hot cream for whipping as it can curdle.
So let’s quickly see how to make homemade mango ice cream…..
- Full cream – 200 gms
- Condensed milk – 1/3 cup
- Mango – 2
- Freeze the cold cream for about 2-3 hours before use. Make sure you always use very chill cream for whipping.
- Wash, peel and cut mangoes.
- Roughly puree mangoes using a grinder.
- If you like you can grind it to fine puree. But I personally prefer few mango chunks in the ice cream.
- In a big bowl, add the cold cream and using a hand mixer, beat it at high speed till it forms a soft peak.
- It is possible only if you are using a cold cream.
- If the cream is not cold enough, then there are chances that it can curdle while whipping.
- It took me just 2-3 minutes to form soft peak as my cream was very chilled.
- Now add condensed milk (we will just add ¼ cup of condensed milk at this time and will add the remaining at the later stage if required).
- If you like, you can also add powder sugar instead of condensed milk.
- Mix it again at high speed for about 1 minute.
- Now add crushed mango and mix it for about 30 seconds at low speed.
- Mix it once using a spatula.
- Taste the sweetness and add the remaining condensed milk if required.
- I found the sweetness little less, so I will add the remaining condensed milk into it.
- So over all I have used 1/3 cup of condensed milk to make this much of ice cream.
- Once again mix everything well for few seconds at low speed.
- Take an ice cream mold or any air tight container, and pour the prepared ice cream mixture into it.
- Tap it few times and cover it tightly with a lid or a plastic wrap and place it in the freezer to set completely.
- Once set, take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it sit for 2-3 minutes before you scoop it out.
- Serve the mango ice cream by garnishing it with mango pieces.