Seviyan ka Zarda – Meethi Seviyan Recipe with step by step description, important tips and precise video :Today I am going to share Eid special Seviyan ka Zarda – Meethi Seviyan Recipe with you. It is also known as Seviyan ka Meetha, Kimami Seviyan or Seviyan ka Halwa. Please watch this video till end as I am going share with you exact measurement and special tips to make perfectly cooked soft and non-sticky Seviyan ka Zarda.
If you like my recipe then please SUBSCRIBE to My Flavours.
- Seviyan (thin & roasted) – 1 cup (finely crushed) (approx. 80 gms)
- Milk (hot, not boiling) – 1 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup + 2 tbsp more (if want more sweetness)
- Water – ½ cup
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 2-3 tbsp
- Green Cardamom – 2-3
- Chopped Nuts – as per personal liking
- Coconut (grated/ chopped) – 2 tbsp (more or less as per personal liking)
- Fresh Malai – 2-3 tbsp (can also add Khoya instead of malai)
- Kewra Essence or Rose Essence – 7-8 drops
- In a sauce pan sugar and water.
- Cook until sugar dissolves and water comes to a boil.
- Turn off the heat. Cover and keep it aside.
- Never cook sugar syrup for too long as thick sugar syrup makes sewaiyan hard.
- Take a khadai, pour ghee and let it heat up.
- Once the ghee is lightly heated, add cardamom (open it little).
- Cook cardamom for 5-10 seconds at low flame.
- Add crushed sewaiyan and roast them at low heat until dark brown in colour.
- Keep stirring continuously for even roasting.
- Now carefully pour hot milk into the roasted sewaiyan.
- Take care while pouring hot milk, as the milk will instantly come to a boil and you can get burn.
- Mix milk and sewaiyan and cover the kadhai.
- Cook for half to one minute on low heat, until sewaiyan get soft and absorbs all the milk.
- Open the lid, give sewaiyan a good mix.
- Now carefully pour hot sugar syrup into the sewaiyan and mix well (see that no lumps of sewaiyan should remain).
- Add chopped nuts (keeping few aside for the garnishing), coconut flakes and mix well.
- Cover the kadhai and cook on low heat until ghee separates.
- Stir it once or twice in between to ensure that zarda does not stick at the bottom of the kadhai.
- Once the ghee separates add malai and kewra essence.
- Mix everything well, cover the kadhai again.
- Cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes, without opening it in between.
- After 2 minutes turn off the heat and let it sit covered (DUM) for 15-20 minutes. Do not open the lid in between.
- After 20 minutes open the lid and mix the sewaiyan ka zarda well.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve hot.
- I have used the same measuring cup for measuring sewaiyan, sugar, milk and water.
- All the cooking is done at low flame.